Talend Open Studio Data Quality Error message installation

One Star

Talend Open Studio Data Quality Error message installation

Hi,
I can't install nor use Talend Open Studio Data Quality on my mac since this error message pops up:
"The TOS_DQ-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."
Can anybody help?
Thank you! Smiley Happy

Re: Talend Open Studio Data Quality Error message installation

Hi,
Did you download your Talend Open Studio Data Quality installation file from talend official web site:https://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio?qt-product_tos_download=1&qt-product_tos_download...?
What's your mac version? Are you using third-party ZIP extractor?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am having the exact same problem.  I downloaded from the official page here: 
I am using the built-in OS X zip extractor, Archive Utility
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I actually downloaded Talend Open Studio Data Quality installation file from the official website. I'm using the built-in OS zip extractor on macOS Sierra version 10.12.1.

Do you have any idea how I could sove this problem?
Twelve Stars

Just not use but-in extractor
But  Talend start more and more have trouble with installation
Even after first successful run - download components crash many times before finish :-(

-----------

Hi,
Could you please use third-party ZIP extractor to see if it works?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi
I am trying to install Data Integrator on Mac OS Sierra and am having the same issue  - also tried unzipping using stuffit expander but same issue.  If I launch via terminal it works fine, but when clicking the app via Launcher it fails with being unable to find the companion shared library.  I am really unsure what else it could be - any advice?
Thanks!
Graeme

Hi,
Is there any error message after you chmod the application and re-unzip the product using 7-zip?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your response - I have attempted to unzip using the inbuilt archiver, stuffit expander and 'The Unarchiver' - none of these appear to work.  As 7-zip does not have a native MacOS app, is there another you would suggest?
I tried chmod with the extracted version from all of the above, but always get the error regarding failure to locate the companion shared library.
Thanks!
Graeme

Hi,
You can successfully execute the application from Package Contents via a Terminal session i.e. /Applications/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa?
If so, the .zip file is correct without error. It seems something is wrong with the operating system's decompression tool.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have attempted with the other archive utilities as listed, but still no success - can you advise an unzip tool for MacOS that does work with the package correctly?  Also, I have extracted the package under applications so my path is:
/Applications/TOS_DI-20161026_1219-V6.3.0/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS/TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa
Can I just confirm this should not be an issue, or any advice for how files should be extracted?
Thanks,
Graeme

Hi gap,
Are you using Mac OS Sierra? It seems something is wrong with your operating system's decompression tool. 
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

Could you please try to use other machine to see if it work?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
One Star

Hi, 
I have the same issues with macOS Sierra. The zip-files seems to extract but Talend does not start. I have tried both the built-in zip-tool and a third-party tool "The Unarchiver". The same zip-file works on an older computer running OS X El Capitan. 
Talend does start from the command-line in macOS Sierra as suggested above.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina and Marc,
Sounds as if there is a compatibility issue with MacOS Sierra - unfortunately I do not have the option to downgrade, so will use the command line workaround for now, but do you know if there is any plans for testing and compatibility with MacOS Sierra?
Thanks!
Graeme

Hi,
In the documentation we provide a list of platforms that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) platforms will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Good morning,
i am trying to install Talend data integration in a mac (sierra last version) and fails. I can open de installation process through the installation file (Talend.../MacOs/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa , but when they ask me for the license and i put the path, fails and told me that the license is not correct.
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}
Anyone can tell me what is hapend?
Thanking in advance and keen regards

Hi cherryguille,
Are you using talend subscription solution or a free trial version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I've managed to get this working with another decompressor (7z branch). I got this working on a couple of Mac's with the same issue so hopefully it works for others too.
1. Navigate to  (not promoting, i actually don't really like the app, but it did the job in this scenario)
2. Install the app (watch out for junk in the installer!!)
3. Right + click --> Open With --> 7zX.app
This should open now.
Feel free to uninstall the decompressor when you're done.

Hi MarkZammit,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
@cherryguille is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi - I ran into the same issue with macOS Sierra. In the end I installed and used the homebrew version of unzip and - tadaaa! - it works. So something ist strange with the macOS version of unzip.
Regards - stranljip

Hi stranljip,
Thanks for sharing your experience on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello,
I have same problem but i use a other unzip (no unzip mac os), but there is always a problem ? 
"The TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."
Have you an other solution, or just come back a MAC OS CAPTAIN ? 
Other advices or solution ? 
Thank you in advance,
BR
Céline.

Hi Céline,
Could you please try to open the application from package contents -> MacOS -> TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa to see if it works for you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

here is the solution by Mitja :
One Star

here is the solution by Mitja :

I found the solution for the problem regarding "executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library" on OS X.
The problem arises when the application has "com.apple.quarantine" flag set. in that case the app itself is copied to temp location in the system and then needed libraries (that are outside from the app itself) are not found. Looks like the OS X works that way (like isolation the app into the quarantine).

You have to clear the flag from app, eg. in terminal in the folder when mac App is located:
xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app

Or even better. You can remove this flag from ZIP file itself first and that way the flag does not appear on app.
Regards,
Mitja