Talend Open Studio 5.6 and PostgreSQL 10

Four Stars

Talend Open Studio 5.6 and PostgreSQL 10

Hi.

I've been running Talend Open Studio 5.6 (community edition) with PostgreSQL 9 for years. Now I tested using PostgreSQL 10 as a data source but that didn't work out at all (Connection failure, Schema not present in Database) and I'm wondering what to do to make that work?

I haven't explored newer versions of Talend. Is upgrading from 5.6 to a more current one a trivial task? If not, is there a particular version that I could easily upgrade to that would support Pg10 or is it just a matter of upgrading the PostgresSQL JDBC driver and continue using my current version? I'm not so much developing new jobs with Talend than I am administering existing ones at the moment so I'm hoping to get this done with minimum effort.

Re: Talend Open Studio 5.6 and PostgreSQL 10

Hello,

With talend open studio for data integration 5.6, PostgreSQL 10 is not list in the supported database table.

For more information, please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications

Here exists a new feature jira issue about PostgreSQL 10 Support.

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-40121

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Talend Open Studio 5.6 and PostgreSQL 10

I replaced the JDBC driver

TOS\TOS-V5.6\plugins\org.talend.libraries.jdbc.postgresql_5.6.0.M!_r118307\lib\postgresql-9.2.1003.jdbc3.jar

with newer postgresql-42.2.2.jar. It has worked so far.