Six Stars

Talend MDM server returns 404

Hi there,

I just installed a new instance of Talend Data Fabric with default option. I can access the Tomcat instance http://localhost:8081/ but I cant access http://localhost:8081/talendmdm/ (I got a 404 error).

Catalina.log etc doesnt show anything in particular.

Any clues?

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
--Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926), The Happy Life, 1896
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend MDM server returns 404

I was able to fix it myself.

The error in localhost file was :

10-Nov-2017 02:07:57.698 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
 org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend/6.4.1/mdm/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1093)

And I was able to fix it by adding the mysql lib (MDM is supported by MySQL Server) into the right folder:
C:\Talend\6.4.1\mdm\apache-tomcat\webapps\talendmdm\WEB-INF\lib

It would be nice if the installer does that automatically (Same for TAC, only MariaDB lib are currently in those Lib folder).

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.
2 REPLIES
Six Stars

I was able to fix it myself.

The error in localhost file was :

10-Nov-2017 02:07:57.698 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
 org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'defaultXmlServer' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Talend/6.4.1/mdm/apache-tomcat/webapps/talendmdm/WEB-INF/lib/org.talend.mdm.core-6.4.1.jar!/META-INF/mdm-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.amalto.core.server.DefaultXmlServer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1093)

And I was able to fix it by adding the mysql lib (MDM is supported by MySQL Server) into the right folder:
C:\Talend\6.4.1\mdm\apache-tomcat\webapps\talendmdm\WEB-INF\lib

It would be nice if the installer does that automatically (Same for TAC, only MariaDB lib are currently in those Lib folder).

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing you solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.