Talend License Requirements

Four Stars

Talend License Requirements

Can someone please clarify/confirm the situation regarding 'freedom' of use of the jobs developed using Talend DI. Am I free to use and deploy these where I wish, whether this be my own company's servers or on customer servers. Note I am not asking about the licensing of Talend Open Studio itself but the jobs I develop using it. I appreciate the benefits of moving to a subscription edition but so far, all my jobs are developed using the community edition.

I have searched extensively but the only close previous forum entry I can find is this :

https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=47805

...which suggests that I am free to do what I wish (refer specific comments by jlolling).

I would really appreciate if someone from Talend could confirm the comments on that forum entry are accurate and correct. 

Re: Talend License Requirements

Hello,
Are you an application developer as well as a user? If so, you need to comply with Apache license.

When you modify version X of a product, then your modified source code and the binaries has to be available and distributed under a license which is compatible with the license of this product.( Apache v2)

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I am not sure about the differentiation between the terms developer and user in this context.

We are simply using Talend DI to create data processing jobs from standard components. Which I would suggest puts us in the same position as many other Talend users. My question relates to what I am allowed to do with those data processing jobs.

The only variation to this is that we may consider using our own custom components.

In my appreciation we are not modifying a version of the product.

Community Manager

Hi

I would recommend that you read the EULA: https://www.talend.com/legal-terms/us-eula, which, I think, should apply. I will enquiry internally a "less legal" answer to your question though.

Cheers,

Elisa

Hello,

As you known that Talend Open Studio for Data Integration product uses the Apache license( Apache v2), you are allowed to run the generated code on any server.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.