Four Stars

Talend Data Integration - Lots of Java Errors

Hi.  I am a new talend user, a student hoping to use both the Data Quality and Data Integration tools in my studies.

I had the Quality tool working but all the errors with the Integration tool has caused me to mess around with Java so much that now Quality is not working either

I am getting lots of Java errors on Integration tool.  When I try to "Create File Delimited", I get a "Guess Failure" error with the below output shown in red.

Note: I have 2 Environment Variables set up as follows:

JAVA_HOME C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_151

JDK_HOME  C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_151\bin

My Data Quality Tool is installed here:

C:\Talend\TOS_DQ-20170623_1246-V6.4.1

My Data Integration Tool is installed here:

C:\TalendDI\TOS_DI-20170623_1246-V6.4.1

Currently have 32 bit versions of jdk and jre installed.  64 bit versions were installed previously and didn't work wither.  Either for the 32 or the 64 bit versions of Data Integration

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Exception
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Exception
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 7 more

Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1309)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend Data Integration - Lots of Java Errors

Hi,

Are you using talend open studio for Data Integration and talend open studio for Data quality products? What's your OS version?

Have you already checked online documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems and TalendHelpCenter:Java?

For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
3 REPLIES

Hi,

Are you using talend open studio for Data Integration and talend open studio for Data quality products? What's your OS version?

Have you already checked online documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems and TalendHelpCenter:Java?

For v6 of Talend products JDKv1.8 is required instead of JRE. If that requirement is met, ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thank you

Before I came back here, I out the JDK and JRE bin paths into my PATH and CLASSPATH variables and rebooted and did a clean install and I believe that's what did the trick.

Interesting that JRE isn't required at all - But I guess it doesn't hurt to have it. 

Thank you again

Hello,

Thanks for marking my solution as accepted.

JDK is not needed to run job especially in the studio, but needed to export the job.

Best regards

Sabrina

--