Talend 7.0.1 random scheduled job failures

Highlighted
Four Stars

Talend 7.0.1 random scheduled job failures

Hi All

I am using Talend 7.0.1 Data services, i have quite a few jobs scheduled through job conductor using nexus repository, All the jobs work but all of them randomly fail with the following error. I disabled HA and installed a job server on the local TAC server to rule out network, the nexus is also running on the same machine. 

I am also using microsoft sql server 2012 for the TAC db, the TAC is running on linux with oracle java 1.8

Logged a ticket with support and uploaded the logs, still waiting for them to come back to me. Any one experienced this issue or can point me in the right direction to resolve these failures?

Error: Connection failed

or

Error: Unexpected error, contact your administrator
job is null ! org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.JobExecution.(JobExecution.java:103)

Error on the job

Thanks

Paul

Re: Talend 7.0.1 random scheduled job failures

Hello Paul,

Is there any response from support team? Could you please give us your case id here? We will reach out to support team if needed.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina

Support is still looking at it, my case number 00117033. There is a patch 2673 that fixed the job is null error. But I am still sitting with an issue where the jobs randomly fails with the error Connection to server failed. This only happens when I dont tick use latest version in TAC job conductor, so if I wanted to run a specific version. The job server error when it fails is ...

2018-10-16 09:25:03,110 ERROR MultiSocketServer - java.lang.NullPointerException: job is null for id 20181016_090006_3m8Sy
org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.lang.NullPointerException: job is null for id 20181016_090006_3m8Sy

Checking the TAC database, there is no row in the taskexecutionhistory table for 20181016_090006_3m8Sy.

Four Stars

Hi 

This is sorted, support provided me with new jobserver jars which resolved the issue.

Thanks

Paul

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

The Forrester Wave: Strategic iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms, Q1 2019

Find out how Forrester rate different iPaaS and Hybrid Integration Platforms

Read

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now