Talend 7.0.1 Workspace Already In Use

Five Stars

Talend 7.0.1 Workspace Already In Use

Hi,

I just downloaded this .zip install file for Talend 7.0.1 from this site: TOS_DI Other Releases .

This is a new machine that does not have a Talend instance installed. 

I've attempted to rename the workspace folder and create a new workspace folder and nothing helps.

This is a 64 bit Windows 10 OS machine and this is the executable that I have from the site listed above:  TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe.  I unzipped that to this directory:  C:\Program Files\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1\TOS_DI-20180411_1414-V7.0.1

I've rebooted my machine and nothing seems to help.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

Workspace_Error.PNG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Talend 7.0.1 Workspace Already In Use

Hello,

Could you please try to re-install your studio on other disk? Make sure there is no space and Illegal character in your installation path(D:\Talend).

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Could you  please check in the windows process management if you don't have another Talend Open Studio process in use?

If you ever want to launch the studio in a different workspace than the default one you can alway use the same option at the top of the root file named TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini like this

-data 
"path_to_your_workspace"
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Xdshi,

I checked the windows process details and I do not have any processes running under Talend.

Win_Processes.PNG

I also tried to update the TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file  and I got an error that it's in use.

ini_error.PNG

Do you have any suggestions in this case?

Thanks,

Darin

Hello,

Could you please try to re-install your studio on other disk? Make sure there is no space and Illegal character in your installation path(D:\Talend).

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

I ended up removing everything that I had extracted to C:\Program Files and started over.

I don't have another disk, so I just extracted the .zip file to C:\Talend instead.  This time I also downloaded and installed 7Zip and used that program to extract all of the TOS_DI files rather than the windows extract program.

I am now able to use the workspace without any errors.  I don't know if it was 7Zip or the fact that maybe the C:\Program Files directory required ADMIN level privileges (since our desktop team at work restricts admin privileges on work laptops) that was blocking Talend from being able to operate properly.  

Regardless - moving to C:\Talend and using 7Zip to extract the .zip file got me operational for now.  

Thanks for the help,

Darin

Hello Darin,

Thanks for your feedback and feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

--