Talend 6.4.1. - Connecting with the internet (inetgw4)

Five Stars

Talend 6.4.1. - Connecting with the internet (inetgw4)

Hi all,

I am running Talend on a server; internet is accessible via e.g. IE. When opening or closing Talend, it pops up a window entitled "Connect to inetgw4" and asks for a username and password. I would like the window to go away. Talend having access to the internet is currently not required on the system. I install missing jars etc. manually.

BTW, a search on the web wit hthe keyword inetgw4 yielded no results.

Regards

Marcus

Re: Talend 6.4.1. - Connecting with the internet (inetgw4)

Hi,

Is there any gateway for your server? We don't have this window when running Talend studio from our side.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
now that you mention it, inetgw4 could simply stand for "internet gateway 4". So I guess there must be some gateway on the server and I could ask the adminisrtrators for the username and password. But anyway, is there a way to stop Talend from trying to access the internet and thus to stop the pop up from showing?
Regards,
Marcus

Hi,

It seems that the window will pop up as long as Talend is trying to access the internet. Do you want to use Talend in offline mode?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Offline mode sounds good. How's that work?

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio V 6.4.1 or subscription solution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Hi,

I am using Open Studio 6.4.1.

Thx
Marcus

Hello,

Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be installed to connect to sources and targets.

Those libraries or database drivers, known as external modules, may be required by some of Talend components or by some connection wizards or by both. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship some of these external modules within Talend Studio. You need to install them for your Studio to functional properly.

On the first start of Studio after installation, it will ask to install “Additional Talend Packages”. If Studio cannot connect to the network, there might be missing jar issue in your job.

Best regards

Sabrina

--