TalenD Integration Hardware Requirements? Scale?

One Star

TalenD Integration Hardware Requirements? Scale?

Hi Talend team
Thank you for a great product!
Im looking for a hardware requirements scale that will enable me to tell our firm what to buy. We are going to use Talend Integration between SQL Server and Salesforce. The information that I have found is limited, and I keep going in circles as one pages refers to another which refers back to the first. I think I may be looking the wrong places, but I hope you can help me.
This is where I have found some info so far.

http://www.talend.com/prerequisites

What is required for basic Talend Integration setup?

RAM
HDD
CPU

How much of the above (RAM, HDD, CPU) is recommended for 10.000 rows with 50 columns with

0 transformations
1 transformation
2 transformations 
3 transformations

How much of the above (RAM, HDD, CPU) is recommended for 100.000 rows with 50 columns with

0 transformations
1 transformation
2 transformations 
3 transformations

How much of the above (RAM, HDD, CPU) is recommended for 1.000.000 rows with 50 columns with

0 transformations
1 transformation
2 transformations 
3 transformations

I hope you can help me. 
Thanks in advance
Kind regards,
Philip
Four Stars

Re: TalenD Integration Hardware Requirements? Scale?

Hi Philip,
Good to see such descriptive post... Talend is a code generator tool based on Java. Talend can handle very complex transformations very effectively, so there is no issue with transformation...
- HDD is again proportional to disk space occupied by your source data and target data size... 1TB is good for almost all activities
- RAM - 4 GB Ram is good to even process 1M records - lots of workarounds and practices are available to manage the big and complex data using various transformations.
- CPU - any current data CPU should suffice the purpose of all of requirement... at the end Java would be handling everything
I hope you got some idea.
Thanks
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi Vaibhav
Thank you for your reply, it definitly help me move forward. I know that it all depends on data, what I was looking for was some kind of convertion table. Which would enable me to say to my company that if you have 

Q number of tables with 
X amount of rows
Y number of columns, and
Z number transformations, and it has a
frequency of N number per day

Then you have Q*X*Y*Z*N and therefore you need

X number of RAM
X amount of HDD
X amount og Ghz on X number of processors.

Would it be possible to create such a lookup table, that could be used as a guide?
For CPU would a quadro or duo CPU be prefered, or roughly how many Ghz would you say?
Again, thank you for your time and answer.
Kind regards,
Philip
One Star

links seems to be controlled, it says access denied.
appreciate if some one can redirect me to the right page

Hi kalypa,
For more information about installation requirement, please have a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I have a Acer laptop with 4GB RAM and i7 Processor and I am using Talend-64 Bit. I am facing a lot of issues in terms of speed and it hangs multiple times even if the file size is not huge.
Please let me know what needs to be done.