One Star

TOS DI and Sybase IQ 16

Hi,
I am using TOS DI 5.4.0 in combination with IQ 16 (16.0.0.481 to be exactly).
I have made a Db Connection in the Metadata section of my repository. The connection asks for a jconn3.jar, I downloaded that. Now, I am able to succesfully create the connection (by specifying server, port, login, password and database), but when I try to do a Retrieve Schema the list with schemas and tables stays completely empty. I tried all combinations but no schemas and no tables.
I know the user I am using has autorisation. I can succesfully use Sybase Central or Interactive SQL.
I think it is a driver issue. Is TOS DI 5.4.0 compliant with IQ 16? Is jconn3.jar the correct driver? Should I be using jconn4.jar? How can I do that in TOS DI because the DB Type "Sybase (ASE and IQ)" asks for a jconn3.jar.
6 REPLIES

Re: TOS DI and Sybase IQ 16

Hi,
Does the sybase components work? (tSybaseInput for example), the jconn3.jar might be not compatible with sybase IQ 16.
Did you take a testing on sybase IQ 15?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

No, unfortunately not.
I already asked our dba for that, but we don't have version 15 databases anymore...

Hi,
Could you please open a jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker for your requirement Sybase IQ 16, our developer will check it to see if there is a solution for that.
Please set your issue type as "Work Item" and paste jira link on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

One Star

Hi,
I have the same probleme using TIS 5.6.1 and Sybase IQ 16 (via jconn3.jar).
How can it not be fixed since decembre 2013 ?!
Best regards.
One Star

Sorry for last post,
I resolved the probleme by not inputing the database and the shema in the connetion parameters.