TOS DI 6.4 installation doesn't work on OSX El Capitan

Four Stars

TOS DI 6.4 installation doesn't work on OSX El Capitan

I'm trying to install TOS DI 6.4 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 but can't seem to figure out what's going wrong.

I just downloaded the zip from here, unzipped the package then tried to launch TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app. Talend doesn't launch, and instead I get an error popup with a reference to the attached log file full of errors.

In case this is useful, I'm using jenv to manage my java versions, and my global configuration points to jdk oracle64-9.0.1.

Any hints are appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: TOS DI 6.4 installation doesn't work on OSX El Capitan

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for replying.

In fact I just managed to fix the issue, simply switching to java 8 did not actually work, I had to edit the Info.plist file under the .app package, and uncomment the vm tag to make it point to the java 8 binary. This is apparently a macOS only issue when there're multiple jdk versions installed.

All Replies
Four Stars

I tried launching the executable under the .app package from terminal and I get the following error:

Version 1.7.0_80 of the JVM is not suitable for this product. Version: 1.8 or greater is required.

java -version returns the below:

java version "9.0.1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)

echo $JAVA_HOME returns:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home

and jenv versions returns:

system
  oracle64-1.6.0.41
  oracle64-1.7.0.80
  oracle64-1.8.0.151
  oracle64-1.8.0.45
* oracle64-9.0.1 (set by /Users/alayouni/.jenv/version)

Hello,

So far, oracle java 9 is not list on compatible java environment.

Please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java environments.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for replying.

In fact I just managed to fix the issue, simply switching to java 8 did not actually work, I had to edit the Info.plist file under the .app package, and uncomment the vm tag to make it point to the java 8 binary. This is apparently a macOS only issue when there're multiple jdk versions installed.

Hello,

Great, your issue has been fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.