TOS BD won't start on mac 10.11 with java 1.8

Four Stars

TOS BD won't start on mac 10.11 with java 1.8

Hi there,

TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.app is unable to start on a macbook pro late 2011 with Mac os 10.11.6. The zip "TOS_BD-20170902_1316-V6.3.2" was extracted using "The unarchiver" and the directory was moved to "/Applications"

The Splash screen appear and a dialog box popup with a button to accept the user terms agreement but at that point, the application stop responding.

Note that I have installed java 9 first and I saw that it's not compatible with TOS so I uninstall it and install java 8 instead. I've updated the JAVA_HOME variable as well to "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home"

I've also try to update the Info.plist from the .app but I still have the same problem.

I've attached a copy of my workspace/.metadata/.log

Re: TOS BD won't start on mac 10.11 with java 1.8

Hello,

Are you using OS X 10.11 El Capitan? Could you please refer to this online installation guide about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Please ensure JDK bin is included in your PATH environment variable and is being reached.

What is your JDK Compliance level in Studio Java Compiler preferences?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi xdshi,

Thank you for the reply. I'm kind desperate on this one...

I'm currently using mac 10.11.6

The java version is:

java version "1.8.0_161"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)

I've added the following to my .bash_profile

export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

As for JDK Compliance level in Studio Java Compiler, I don't know how to check that...

Hello,

Go to Window-->Preferences-->Java-->Compiler, you will see your JDK Compliance.

jdkCompliance.jpg

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Unfortunately, I can reach the preference window from Talend Open Studio. The application stop responding before that point.

I've attached a screenshot of my issue. As you can see on the screenshot, I'm stuck to that point. I'm unable to click on the "I accept" button. Even the menu Item in the top left (Talend Open studio for Big Data) is not responding.

Is there any clue of what is going wrong in the workspace/.metadata/.log file that I've uploaded in my first post? Is there any log file I can send to you so that you might help me on this one ?

I've also try to launch the application from command line and the following appear in the terminal before the application freeze:

[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.

I've also try to delete the workspace folder that did not help. It has just recreated the workspace and the application still freeze.

Hello,

Are you using built-in OS X zip extractor in your mac to extract TOS_BD-20170623_1246-V6.4.1.zip file? Did you install your studio completely?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

No, I did not use the build-in extractor from mac os x. I've extracted the zip file using "The unarchiver". It's a third party software found in the mac app store.

What I did to install Talend Open studio for Big Data is:

1. Downloads the zip file from this page: https://www.talend.com/products/big-data/big-data-manuals-release-notes/
  2. Download JDK 1.8 from oracle website
  3. Install JDK 1.8
  4. Extract zip in my Download directory and move the directory to /Applications/TOS_BD
  5. I've updated my .bash_profile file according to help documentation

Note that I've install JDK 9 first then I have removed it.

Four Stars

Thirteen Stars

generally - it still not working with JDK more recent than 151

and it starts to be a pain because a lot of other requirements it is too old for today

would be good to know, when the problem will be completely fixed?

-----------

Hello @vapukov

Nice to see you.

We were confirmed by R&D that 7.1 which will be out in October this year will have the fix. M3 is currently available for download if you want to give it a try and it includes the fix: https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-integration-manuals-release-notes/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Sabrina

--