Six Stars

Switching from SVN to GIT on Upgrade. Can the repo be hosted on the TAC server

Coming from 6.1 and doing an upgrade to 6.4 - The old repos were in SVN and an on the same server where the TAC ran.  Is this possible using GIT ? I noticed in this article that one of the requirements is a "supported distribution of git".  Does this mean my remotes must be constrained to one of those sites (bitbucket/github/gitlab)?  I have tried to setup a local (to TAC) git repo then config a new project from the TAC pointing there but I haven't been successful yet.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Employee

Re: Switching from SVN to GIT on Upgrade. Can the repo be hosted on the TAC server

The supported and recommended Git versions are listed here for 6.4  https://help.talend.com/reader/LkoujqGSD5Fhf2ln8GInCg/vG6YH5w_LNZIlmyhlaggww

To have a supported environment, use only the versions listed.  If you have a different version, please query Talend Support to find more.

You can use both SVN and Git with your TAC.  However, there is no automatic SVN to Git conversion of your actual project.  The supported way is to use the studio, connect to svn project, export the project, switch and connect to git project, and import the project.