Securing Talend Runtime - important installation settings

Highlighted
Nine Stars

Securing Talend Runtime - important installation settings

Hi,

I'm looking at creating some APIs that will be deployed on a Talend Runtime but want to secure the API calls in with some form of security.

From looking at the list of features possible to install on the Runtime, I can see OAUTH2 as an option - however I can't find any documentation about how to install/setup/configure this WITHIN the Runtime.

Found plenty of articles about Talend connecting out to an OAUTH2 API, like Salesforce or Google API but none where the Talend Runtime is also the authenticator.

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.
Tags (2)
Community Manager

Re: Securing Talend Runtime - important installation settings

Hi @david_beaty,

I believe this functionality became available from v6.4. Are you using a version the same or greater? Now, I have never personally implemented this, but I believe you should be able to figure it out from the documentation here: https://help.talend.com/reader/3o89P0YRxO5wQCS2w857gA/oe4TAF1PC4a4zENo0mb7vw

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. If you have issues, I will see if I can speak to a member of the team here who has done this.

Nine Stars

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. I’ll give the document a read and try it out. I’ll post progress back against this thread.

Regards David
Dont forget to give Kudos when an answer is helpful or mark the answer as the solution.
Community Manager

Give me a nudge if I don't respond. I will be away on holiday next week, but will try and check in to the Community to see how things are going

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog