One Star

SVN Branches

while creating Branches for the first time, it throws an notification on the Top of the window: Failed to create branchSmiley FrustratedVN:File not Found:Revision 10,path'/trun....
but when I referesh the widow, I found that branch.
What is the actual reason for this notification.
17 REPLIES
One Star

Re: SVN Branches

Hi
Can this issue recur every time?
Can TIS connect to this new branch?
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I am using Talend 4.2.3 Team Edition.
while creating new branch under the previously created branch, it is sucessful but if I create under trunc, it throws the same notification.
When I am login to Studio and right click on the Job, I do not find 'Copy to Branch' Option. it has an option 'open another verion'. so when I clicked on this, I do not find new branches that I have created.
One Star

Hi
Can you login this new branch as the following image?
And check the three parameters in TAC->Configuration whether they are correct.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I am not able to see SVN user dialog box on the startup. Configuration for SVN in TAC is correct.
One Star

Hi
You'd better read the documents about TIS.
It seems that you didn't configure TAC and TIS correctly.
To connect TAC and SVN, the following image may help you.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks for your clarification.
Actually I am new to Talend. I was working on local directory. I hope SVN is applicable for Remote Repository. Am I right?
Now I configured remote directory and able to see the SVN option and Branches too.
Actually the case is I am trying to setup infrastructure for Talend Team edition 4.2.3. These are the action Item I have done:
1. Installed Collabnet Subversion Edge as SVN server
2. Create Users,Projectc with SVN branches(Branch1 and Branch2), Job Server and Configuration from TAC.
3. Request you to help me to configure one talend.zip project from Studio.
One Star

Hi
I really want to help you. But it's hard to show you every detail about configuration.
The document contains a chapter called which can instruct all steps to configure TIS.
As the user of Commercial Version, you can get all documents from support team.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks for your help. I have gone through TalendIntegrationSuite_IG_42b_EN doc and configure TAC. but I am bit confused over Project import. as there are only two option:
1. Delete local project
2. Create Standbox Project.
when I create Project XYZ in Project category of TAC, it shows here. As per my understanding I have to choose option 1(Delete local project) and then Import the project. Am I right?
One Star

Hi
If you want to import a local project to SVN, you'd better follow these steps.
1. Open TIS with local project.
2. Right click on "Job Designs" and choose "Export Items"(Select All).
3. Open TIS with Remote project.
4. Right click on "Job Designs" and choose "Import Items".
In short, if you want to migrate project, using "Import Items" and "Export Items".
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi
I have created one project ACI_Dep from TAC and configure advance setting sucessfully. Now when I open Talend Studio and connect as attached as attached image, I found an error.
Request you to fix this help.
One Star

Hi
I can't find the uploaded image....
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

with Image
One Star

Hi
You can find solution here. http://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-13806
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I have delete all the folder from workspace directory and remove the whole project from SVN repository.
Still does not work. Same error encountered.
One Star

I have created New repository in the SVN server. Now I am able to Open new project under remote Repository.
One Star

Can TIS connect to this new branch?