Four Stars

SAP Java Connector won't run

Dear Guys, 

I am running a Windows 10 Pro with a Talend Open Studio v6.4.1 (build 20170623_1246) installation. I tried to install the SAP Java Connector as described on How to install the SAP Java Connector:

- Downloaded the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo 3.0.17 SDK 64bit x86) from the SAP Service Marketplace
- Extracted the SAP Java Connector to C:\Talend Open Studio\SAP Java Connector
- Added the path C:\Talend Open Studio\SAP Java Connector to the Windows PATH environment variable
- Copied the sapjco3.dll from the SAP Java Connector package into C:\Windows\System32
- And installed the SAP Java Connector module with Window -> Show view... -> Modules -> Import external jars -> selected C:\Talend Open Studio\SAP Java Connector\sapjco3.jar -> Open

When I am now running a simple test job (just a tSAPConnection component), I get following messages:

Capture2.PNG

I clicked on Install...

Capture3.PNG

I marked both jars at the end and clicked on Download and install all modules available.

Capture4.PNG

At the end I am getting this error message.

Maybe you can help me to get it run?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alex

• Talend Studio
4 REPLIES

Re: SAP Java Connector won't run

Hello,

Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be installed to connect to sources and targets.

Those libraries or database drivers, known as external modules, may be required by some of Talend components or by some connection wizards or by both. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship some of these external modules within Talend Studio. You need to install them for your Studio to functional properly.

Please take a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina, 

thank you for your help. I have installed all listed packages at Help -> Install Additional Packages... (liked described on Install external modules), but the modules sap-api-6.4.1.jar and sap-impl-6.4.1.jar still keep missing:

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong? 

Thank you and kind regards, 

Alex

Hello,

Some modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders. For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder: <StudioPath>/configuration/.m2

Let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

thank you for your help. Even as a IT professional, I find it very tricky to get it run! :-) But I think it works now. Unfortunately I am not able to test it completely, because there are some further network issues which make it impossible to reach the SAP server for now. What I have done to get it run:

1. During a websearch I found Missing JAR files for tSAP components in Talend 5.6.0 which links to SapConnection - sap-api-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, there I downloaded both files sap-api-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar and sap-imp-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

2. In Talend I went to Window -> Show view... -> Modules -> Download external modules -> marked both jars and have chosen the action to install it manually (choose files and open)

3. Restarted the Talend Open Studio

Maybe this steps will also help anyone else.

Kind regards, 

Alex