One Star

Run Project - from tutorial

Hi Im new at talend. I installed the Open Studio and JDK 8 in windows 7. I followed the tutorial "Let's first How to sort a file" step by step. It didnt Run. I figured out that I had a problem with the JDK version. I uninstalled it and the installed the JDK 7 version. I ran it again but it didnt work also, the following error apears on the screen:
Execution failed : Failed to generate code.

Any advice? Thanks.
4 REPLIES

Re: Run Project - from tutorial

Hi,
So far, there is no support for Java 8.
Please refer to talend KB article TalendHelpCenter:Java 8 Support.
In addition, here is online document TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms.
For your issue, please check your Path variable according to document TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements and use "java -version" in cmd to check your current java version(1.7 or 1.8).

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Ive configured the java_home path and verified the java version (1.7) but I still get the following error:
Execution failed : Failed to generate code.

ideas? Thanks
One Star

Mey be I have to add that I have the Talend Open Studio's 5.4.2 release?

Hi waloar,
D:\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-r117442-V5.4.2\workspace

Is your OS 32 bit?
TOS_DI-win32-x86.exe is for 32 bit OS
TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe is for 64 bit OS
How did you install your talend studio? by manual or installer?
Try this steps:
1) Use the manual install zip file 'Talend-Open-Studio.zip' instead of 'Talend-Open-Studio-windows-installer.exe'
2) Unzip it with winrar, not with Windows Explorer
3) Unzip it to a root drive, e.g. 'C:\Talend-Open-Studio_5.4.1\studio\', (Make sure no space in this installation path)
Let me know if it is OK with you.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.