Six Stars

Referenced Project Issue - 6.4.1 Big Data Platform

After upgrading to 6.4.1 from 6.1.1 - we have issues with our Referenced Project. We have what we call our 'Enterprise" project which is setup as a referenced project to contain common code and jobs to be utilized across projects. Within one of our main projects - we have a tRunJob component which runs a common job from the Enterprise project. This worked great in 6.1.1.  In the 6.4.1 Talend Studio - no issues and everything works great. However - once we deploy to the TAC - we generate the job fine - no errors. We then deploy the job and run it and we get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: enterprise/test_connection_0_1/Test_Connection
at sdge_di.my_test_2_0.my_test.tRunJob_1Process(my_test.java:764)
at sdge_di.my_test_2_0.my_test.runJobInTOS(my_test.java:1248)
at sdge_di.my_test_2_0.my_test.main(my_test.java:940)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: enterprise.test_connection_0_1.Test_Connection
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 3 more

If I generate the job directly from our Enterprise Project (referenced project) - the job works great. But within our main project which executes the common job via the tRunJob from the Enterprise Project - the job will not run. This was not an issue under 6.1.1.

Any ideas on why this behavior might be happening after an upgrade?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Referenced Project Issue - 6.4.1 Big Data Platform

I will recommend opening a support ticket for this issue.

Six Stars

Re: Referenced Project Issue - 6.4.1 Big Data Platform

Will do. Thanks.