One Star

Problem while installation

Hi Team,

I have downloaded talend of version 6.4.1 and i have also installed jdk on my desktop. But when i am trying to install talend, getting attached error message.

" An error has occured. see the log file
c:\Talend\TOS_DI-20170623_1246-V6.4.1\Configuration\1507463897742.log"

Kindly help in order to get it installed on my desktop having windows 7 64 bit

Regards,
Nikhat
3 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Problem while installation

Even I'm getting the same error.

nikhat wrote:

Hi Team,

I have downloaded talend of version 6.4.1 and i have also installed jdk on my desktop. But when i am trying to install talend, getting attached error message.

" An error has occured. see the log file
c:\Talend\TOS_DI-20170623_1246-V6.4.1\Configuration\1507463897742.log"

Kindly help in order to get it installed on my desktop having windows 7 64 bit

Regards,
Nikhat

Two Stars

I also have the same issue. I have posted another topic with the details of my error:

https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Data-Integration-Intallation-Problems-on-x6...

Employee

There are two possible causes for this exception:

• The system is using an unsupported version of Java.
  • If you are on a subscription version of a Talend product, your license may be invalid or has expired.

In your case after reviewing the log file you are using an unsupported version of Java for Talend. "java.version=9"

The current recommended version is Java 8. Please review the compatible versions of Java: https://help.talend.com/reader/RexlZLQDFJ5kZX15Y4ZebQ/QiBwsPB_OFS64lEACkDWEQ

In order for your Talend product to use the Java environment installed on your machine, you must set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

To do so, proceed as follows:

1. Find the folder where Java is installed, usually C:\Program Files\Java\JREx.x.x.

2. Open the Start menu and type Environment variable in the search bar to open the Environment variable properties.

3. Click Environment Variables....

4. Under System Variables, click New... to create a variable. Name the variable JAVA_HOME, enter the path to your Java JRE, and click OK.

5. Under System Variables, select the Path variable, click Edit... and add the following variable at the end of the Path variable value:

;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

Please don't forget to kudo and accept as resolution if this resolves the issue.