Problem to start Karaf

Highlighted
One Star

Problem to start Karaf

dear,
I am go to TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin and lauch either trun.bat, karaf.bat and nothing happens. I don't have a prompt console back in order to run command.
I don't have info in the tsb.log file except "26-avr.-2012 15:25:37 org.apache.karaf.main.SimpleFileLock lock
INFO: locking"
when I am running : admin list, I have :
SSH Port RMI Ports State Pid Name
trun
always staying in the status "starting". Is that normal?
thks a lot for your help
Valery

One Star

Re: Problem to start Karaf

Hi,
for beginning
- ensure you have no Karaf (java.exe) instance running (from logs and behavior - this is the most probable reason)
- try to put the installation somewhere where are no spaces in its path
- check that you have JAVA_HOME defined to a JDK
- for me - iot happens that the state stays in "starting", but when you run bin\trun.bat, the Karaf should run in a console and you have to get its command line ...
Gabriel
One Star

Hi,
one more detail, make sure you use JDK1.6, Java 7 is not well supported by Karaf as far I know (at least it was not)
Gabriel
One Star

Maybe sent last info to the non correct person. So
- no java.exe in my task manager
- C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin path without space
- C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container>bin\trun.bat
"C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\\bin\java" -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XXSmiley TongueermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Dderby.system.home="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1
\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\data\derby" -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=true -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=true -classpath ".;%CXF_HOME%\
lib\cxf-manifest.jar;.\build\classes;C:\Java\jre7\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\conf;C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\lib\kar
af-jaas-boot.jar;C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\lib\karaf.jar" -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\\jre\lib\endorsed;C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\\lib\endorsed;C:\softs\TOS_ESB-
r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\lib\endorsed" -Djava.ext.dirs="C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\\jre\lib\ext;C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_25\\lib\ext;C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\lib\e
xt" -Dkaraf.instances="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\instances" -Dkaraf.home="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\.." -Dkaraf.base="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r
74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\.." -Dkaraf.data="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\data" -Djava.util.logging.config.file="C:\softs\TOS_ESB-r74687-V5.0.1\Runtime_ESBSE\
container\bin\..\etc\java.util.logging.properties" org.apache.karaf.main.Main
Press any key to continue . . .
Here is the command but without console prompt back
By the way I have also installed 5.0.2 version but same result
thks
Valery
One Star

Hi Valery,
the container (Karaf) itself sould run, but I am not sure of already preinstaled bundles (CXF, Talend, ..) many of them are built against Java 1.6 ... you have to try, But if you don't have a very particular reason to run JDK 1.5 (such as strict enterprise update policy, ..), you rather update to 1.6 Smiley Happy
Have fun
Gabriel

> and a about JDK1.5 ok or not?
> thks
> Valery
One Star

Hello
could you do an "echo" + "pause" in the trun.bat and karaf.bat and run in order to check difference between your command line and mine
could you do a "set" in a prompt dos and give me the result?
thks a lot
Valery
One Star

Hi Valery,
this is my startup command:
C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\container>"C:\Program Files\Ja
va\jdk1.6.0_29\bin\java" -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transp
ort=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -X
X:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSiz
e=128M -Dderby.system.home="C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\c
ontainer\bin\..\data\derby" -Dderby.storage.fileSyncTransactionLog=true -Dcom.su
n.management.jmxremote -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=true -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=t
rue -classpath ".;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C:\Program Files
\Belgium Identity Card;C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\contain
er\bin\..\conf;C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\.
.\lib\karaf-jaas-boot.jar;C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\cont
ainer\bin\..\lib\karaf.jar" -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0
_29\jre\lib\endorsed;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\lib\endorsed;C:\programs\
esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\lib\endorsed" -Djava.ext.
dirs="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_29\jre\lib\ext;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6
.0_29\lib\ext;C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..
\lib\ext" -Dkaraf.instances="C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\c
ontainer\bin\..\instances" -Dkaraf.home="C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Run
time_ESBSE\container\bin\.." -Dkaraf.base="C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\R
untime_ESBSE\container\bin\.." -Dkaraf.data="C:\programs\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2
\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\data" -Djava.util.logging.config.file="C:\progra
ms\esb\talendesb\TOS_5_0_2\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin\..\etc\java.util.logging.
properties" org.apache.karaf.main.Main

unfortunatelly I cannot see very crucial diferences to help you Smiley Sad
Gabriel
One Star

and what do you have a prompt back? I have adapted my java command to run with my data but same.
thks
Valery
One Star

I have installed ESB for talend version 5.1 and it's working.
I don't know why... but it's ok
thks for your help
valery

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

An API-First Approach to Modernizing Applications

Learn how to use an API-First Approach to Modernize your Applications

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs