Problem installing Data Integration on Windows 8.1 64-bi

One Star

Problem installing Data Integration on Windows 8.1 64-bi

My installation is hanging when I get up to  adding the "Additional Talend Packages".
After trying to setup my JDKs and environment variables, I try to run Talend using the executable file (TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe) and get the following error message.
The Studio does not support Java 8.  Java 7 is the recommended JVM version to be used.
Refer to the following KB article on Talend Help Centre for more information (requires a Myalend account registration):

So I ran from the command line in the folder where talend files reside and specified Java 7 as follows:
TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre\bin\javaw.exe"
I then get the Welcome screen, choose my project and click "Open"
At the connect to TalendForge I choose Skip.
A window for the project opens up and another window called "Additional Talend Packages" opens up on top.
In this dialog I leave the following options enabled:
- Optional third-party libraries
- Requird third-party libraries
I then click Finish and the "Progress Information" dialog opens.  I notice the status in the main window underneath says "Installing new Talend features (0%)".  This status stays at 0% for hours until I give up and kill the process in the task manager.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or have any suggestions?
Here is the information on my setup:
Unzipped in following path:
D:\Downloads\Talend Open Studio for Data Integration\
Running the following executable:
TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe
INI file (TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini) has the following lines:
-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Xms512m
-Xmx1536m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
Java Installation located in following path:
JDK installed in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75
JRE conatined in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre\bin\javaw.exe
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75
Following line added to PATH environment variable:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\bin
In Java Control Panel - Java Runtime Environment Settings
under the User tab
- 1.8.0_40 has been disabled
- 1.7.0_75 has been enabled
Under System tab
- 1.8.0_40 has been disabled
No other java options available under System tab - I cannot see 1.7.0_75 as an option.

Re: Problem installing Data Integration on Windows 8.1 64-bi

Hi bradles,
On which official version did you get that? 5.6.1? Were you blocked by step " retrieve licenses"?
Is there any error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?

Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

!MESSAGE one third party library file  was not found, it is required for bundle , please download it and place in  
!MESSAGE one third party library file was not found, it is required for bundle , please download it and place in
!MESSAGE 2015-03-21 22:15:46,707 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for commons-lang-2.6.jar is not available

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2015-03-21 22:15:46.707
!MESSAGE 2015-03-21 22:15:46,707 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for commons-logging-1.1.3.jar is not available

!MESSAGE 2015-03-21 22:15:46,707 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for commons-cli-1.2.jar is not available

!MESSAGE 2015-03-21 22:15:46,707 INFO  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - The download URL for commons-codec-1.4.jar is not available

There were quite a lot of messages saying "download URL not available" in this log.
I was able to download xom-1.2.7.jar and place it in the \configuration\lib\java folder.
I can't seem to find where I download the 
jaxrpc.jar file.
Brad.

Hi,
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules and TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.