Oracle Java License Change -- OpenJDK -- eta of support? Workarounds?

Highlighted
Five Stars

Oracle Java License Change -- OpenJDK -- eta of support? Workarounds?

Hi,

As many of you (and I ) now know, Oracle has changed it's licensing on Java to require a paid license for commercial usage.

I logged in to a server I use for development and which runs some production jobs. The Java auto update must have run because I am presented with the options to Uninstall or agree to a commercial license. IANAL, but since I use it for development as well as running production jobs, perhaps it falls under the allowed free use. This is a Windows box and I'm thinking of looking at system restore to go back to an earlier Java or maybe reinstalling an earlier rev and then turning off auto updates. That would be a short term solution.

There has been discussion of OpenJDK support coming, but it's not here yet? Any expected, rough ETA?

Does anyone know where the last Java download (pre-license change) is located on Oracle's web site?

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Oracle Java License Change -- OpenJDK -- eta of support? Workarounds?

Hello,'

Talend has added support for OpenJDK as from the 7.1.1 version.  See the documentation https://help.talend.com/reader/UgiwP5qZ9ufPrulo9_w21w/azAPnOyZHG4z2DNw1Tx6ug

We added support for OpenJDK 8 Zulu

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog