One more time ..... How to install custom component.

One Star

One more time ..... How to install custom component.

I'm sorry bur I work with TOS 3.0.2, view Ecosystem doesn't works (behind proxy). I tried to install components with specifying directory for Telend componets but nothing happend ?
Does someone have the same pb ?
Is there a trace when Talend load new components ?
thanks
Community Manager

Re: One more time ..... How to install custom component.

Hello
Copy your new component folder and go to plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_3.0.0.r18993\components under install folder, paste your new folder, then restart your TOS.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
For me it is not work. I'm using TOS 3.0.2.
Regards,
Okta
Copy your new component folder and go to plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_3.0.0.r18993\components under install folder, paste your new folder, then restart your TOS.
Community Manager

Hello Okta
What's your problem? Doesn't your component appear in palette panel?
Best regards

shong
One Star

Yes, the component I copied in the suggested directory is not appear in pallete.
Regards,
Okta
One Star

Hi Okta,
you could find the log file in your installation directory / workspace in the .metadata folder.
Sometimes errors in the component are logged there (for example invalid xml definition).
Bye
Volker
Community Manager

Hello Okta
Generally, it is due to your invalid xml file if your component doesn't appear in the pallete panel, so please check your xml file.
Best regards

shong
One Star

Hi Volker,
I copied tEmptyToNull folder to plugins/org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_3.0.2.r20205/components. Then I restarted TOS. This is content of .metadata/.log after I restarted.
!SESSION 2009-03-13 10:53:45.406 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_03
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
!ENTRY org.talend.libraries 1 0 2009-03-13 10:54:07.312
!MESSAGE 2009-03-13 10:54:07,312 INFO org.talend.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory - ofhadis@gmail.com logged on test
Regards,
Okta
One Star

Hi Shong,
I try add another component and it works by restarting TOS. You are right there are some setting in XML that make earlier component I add can not work.
Regards,
Okta
Six Stars

I also experienced issue with some community components, for example tFileHttpPost, etc., which has been developed in 2008. From my log file I explored that there is for example fololowing message:
!ENTRY org.talend.libraries 2 0 2010-10-25 23:51:48.482
!MESSAGE 2010-10-25 23:51:48,482 WARN org.talend.commons.exception.ExceptionHandler - Cannot load component "tLog4J": Does not match xsd (Component.xsd)
!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.BusinessException: Cannot load component "tLog4J": Does not match xsd (Component.xsd)
at org.talend.designer.components.model.ComponentsFactory.loadComponentsFromFolder(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.components.model.ComponentsFactory.init(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.components.model.ComponentsFactory.initializeComponents(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.talend.designer.components.model.MalformedMainXMLComponentFileException: Does not match xsd (Component.xsd)
at org.talend.designer.components.model.ComponentFileChecker.checkXSD(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.components.model.ComponentFileChecker.checkComponentFolder(Unknown Source)
... 6 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'DOCUMENTATION'. One of '{FAMILIES}' is expected.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commons.xml.XSDValidator.checkXSD(Unknown Source)
... 8 more
So I opened XML editor (I use Oxygen, but it can be done also by others.) and make changes to component XML specification file, which is part of component's folder, to meet Component.xsd requirements. The Component.xsd file could be found in my case under TIS_TE-All-r47759-V4.0.3\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\193\1\.cp\model\, but this could differ based on which version and myabe also edition of Talend you currently use.
Hope it will help.
archenroot
Community Manager

Hello
The XML specification file is different since version3.0, you have to define the family parameter in the xml file, not the .properties file since version3.0.
You can download this component which have been updated for the versions since 3.0.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Where is the log folder for the component load?
I have a workspace/.metadata/.log but the file is not updated (last update 10/30). I have a new component that does not show in the palette and I can not find what is wrong with it.
Thanks!
Marc
Community Manager

Hello Marc
If there don't throw any exception in the generation engine initializaition progress, there are no log written in the .log file. Normally, the problem comes from the xml file of component If it does not show in the palette. You can send it to me if you can't still find the cause.
Best regards
Shong