Not able to open Talend 5.5.1 Data integration Studio open source

One Star

Not able to open Talend 5.5.1 Data integration Studio open source

Hi,
Talend DI studio was fine till yesterday. I am not able to open source Data integration 5.5.1 studio from today. Error I am getting is "Java was started but returned exit code=13"
I have windows 8.1 with latest update.
I have oracle java 1.7 and 1.8 installed on my machine. What is causing this issue? How can I resolve this issue? Attached is screen shot of the error.
Thanks,
Gowri
Seventeen Stars

Re: Not able to open Talend 5.5.1 Data integration Studio open source

Are you sure you use the JDK 7 and not 8. At the moment Talend is not compatible with Java 8.
One Star

Thanks so much. I checked my java path and looks like Java 8 has been implemented yesterday and updated my path to 7. I changed my path to point to Java 7 and restarted my machine. Now I am getting a different error "Failed to load the JNI shared library. How can I resolve this problem?
C:\>java -version
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode, sharing)
After I updated my path and restarted my machine, I tried to open Talend Studio and got the "Failed to load the JNI shared library". I reinstalled talend studion in a different folder and tried to open it and got the same error "Failed to load the JNI shared library".
I have always used 64 bit version of Talend Studio and never ran 32 bit version. After this error, I tried running 32 bit version of the application and it is running fine. 
Seeing a similar discussion in this thread and don't see a solution
http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Talend-refuse-to-start/m-p/4631#M669

Thanks,
Gowri
Seventeen Stars

It looks like you use a 32-bit JDK and the 64-bit Talend edition. This can hardly work. I suggest you deinstall Java completely (7+8) and install Java 7 64-bit JDK new.

Hi,
And make sure that Environment variables should be:
JAVA_HOME  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_XX
Path   %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin without any space. It is highly recommended that the full path to the server installation directory is as short as possible. If you already have a suitable JDK installed in a path with a space, you simply need to put quotes around the path when setting the values for the environment variable.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks so much and I will try these options and post my response.
One Star

Hi,
I uninstalled both Java 7 and Java 8 and then reinstalled Java 7 64 bit only. Now I am able to open Talend DI studio 64 bit application. Thanks so much for help.
Thanks,
Gowri

Hi Gowri,
Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.