One Star

Not able to open Talend 5.5.1 Data integration Studio open source

Hi,
Talend DI studio was fine till yesterday. I am not able to open source Data integration 5.5.1 studio from today. Error I am getting is "Java was started but returned exit code=13"
I have windows 8.1 with latest update.
I have oracle java 1.7 and 1.8 installed on my machine. What is causing this issue? How can I resolve this issue? Attached is screen shot of the error.
Thanks,
Gowri
7 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Not able to open Talend 5.5.1 Data integration Studio open source

Are you sure you use the JDK 7 and not 8. At the moment Talend is not compatible with Java 8.
One Star

Thanks so much. I checked my java path and looks like Java 8 has been implemented yesterday and updated my path to 7. I changed my path to point to Java 7 and restarted my machine. Now I am getting a different error "Failed to load the JNI shared library. How can I resolve this problem?
C:\>java -version
java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode, sharing)
After I updated my path and restarted my machine, I tried to open Talend Studio and got the "Failed to load the JNI shared library". I reinstalled talend studion in a different folder and tried to open it and got the same error "Failed to load the JNI shared library".
I have always used 64 bit version of Talend Studio and never ran 32 bit version. After this error, I tried running 32 bit version of the application and it is running fine. 
Seeing a similar discussion in this thread and don't see a solution
http://community.talend.com:80/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Talend-refuse-to-start/m-p/4631#M669

Thanks,
Gowri
Seventeen Stars

It looks like you use a 32-bit JDK and the 64-bit Talend edition. This can hardly work. I suggest you deinstall Java completely (7+8) and install Java 7 64-bit JDK new.

Hi,
And make sure that Environment variables should be:
JAVA_HOME  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_XX
Path   %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin without any space. It is highly recommended that the full path to the server installation directory is as short as possible. If you already have a suitable JDK installed in a path with a space, you simply need to put quotes around the path when setting the values for the environment variable.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks so much and I will try these options and post my response.
One Star

Hi,
I uninstalled both Java 7 and Java 8 and then reinstalled Java 7 64 bit only. Now I am able to open Talend DI studio 64 bit application. Thanks so much for help.
Thanks,
Gowri

Hi Gowri,
Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.