Seven Stars

Not able to connect to Talend Studio Git Repository

Hi,

I joined a new (new to me, running already) Talend project where Git used as a source control.

I am using Talend version 6.3 , Subscription one. 

In TAC I have configured my Git credentials. 

In the project configuration it has got the administrator's credentials configured at TAC.

I have configured the connection details in Talend Studio  and after I chose the existing project there is a prompt for Git password, When I enter my password I get an error like this.

What could be the reason? 

I have checked logging into the git website and I am able to access repository. I am able to log in TAC as well. 

org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Can not connect to project with url "<url>".
	at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:376)
	at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:328)
	at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:267)
	at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1850)
	at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: username or password are not correct, please check in TAC users configuration
	at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.core.GitProjectUrlCheck.check(GitProjectUrlCheck.java:95)
	at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:374)
	... 5 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: <url> not authorized
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.call(LsRemoteCommand.java:196)
	at org.talend.repository.gitprovider.core.GitProjectUrlCheck.check(GitProjectUrlCheck.java:89)
	... 6 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: <url> not authorized
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.connect(TransportHttp.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportHttp.openFetch(TransportHttp.java:309)
	at org.eclipse.jgit.api.LsRemoteCommand.call(LsRemoteCommand.java:175)
	... 7 more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to connect to Talend Studio Git Repository

Hello,

Are you creating a private git project?

Have you tried to update password on TAC side , use the correct one and re-launch studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES

Hello,

Are you creating a private git project?

Have you tried to update password on TAC side , use the correct one and re-launch studio to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

I guess there was a space at the end of my username, once I removed that solved the problem

It would be much better if we have a test connection button in TAC to verify the Git connection details are correct.

Cheers!
Gatha