NoClassDefFoundError : MissingMainXMLComponentFileException

One Star

NoClassDefFoundError : MissingMainXMLComponentFileException

Hello,
I tried running TalenD Data Integration for the first time.
I tried to import the Demo project that is already present.
However, it threw an error : -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/designer/codegen/components/model/MissingMainXMLComponentFileException
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsService.getComponentsFactory(ComponentsService.java:46)
at org.talend.repository.model.ComponentsFactoryProvider.getInstance(ComponentsFactoryProvider.java:60)
at org.talend.core.CoreService.componentsReset(CoreService.java:249)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1755)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:360)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.MissingMainXMLComponentFileException
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 6 more

I set JAVA_HOME in environmen variables as :
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45"
I put the quotes on since there was a space in 'Program Files'.
I also tried single quotes.
But the error still comes. Where am I going wrong here ? And how do I correct this problem.
I have Java - when I run 'cmd' and type java-version .. there is a proper output... the appropriate java version is used.
I have only one jdk and jre on my machine and no other java version exists.
Kindly advise,
Regards,
Karan

Re: NoClassDefFoundError : MissingMainXMLComponentFileException

Hi,
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Usually 2 types of problems causing this error:
1. Spaces or illegal character in the Talend installation path
2. A corrupt/incomplete Java installation
Please reinstall your studio and avoid these 2 types of problems mentioned above to see if it is working?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello ,
Thanks for the reply.
Usually 2 types of problems causing this error:
1. Spaces or illegal character in the Talend installation path

No luck here, I tried renaming the parent folder, copied it to another directory on my drive, the pathname does not have any spaces now any illegal characters. The same error appears.
2. A corrupt/incomplete Java installation

I removed JDK and JRE from my system from Add/Remove Programs. I took the setup and reinstalled.

I reinstalled both the JDK and JRE. The installation completed successfully, I am pretty sure of that as I validated it.
Still, after running TalenD, while trying to open the demo project, or trying to create a new project - I am getting the same error.
Any inputs ?
Kindly advise ,
Regards,
Karan

Hi,
What's your OS and jdk version 32 bit/64bit? What the TalenD Data Integration product build version are you using? How did you unzip it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello ,
Thank you for your help ,
OS is Windows 7 - 32 Bit.
JRE 7 - 32 Bit JVM

Talend Data Integration Build Version - v5.3.1
Downloaded it, unzipped it using 7z and copied the entire folder from a network drive onto my local drive.
Then tried starting the EXE for the 32 bit system.
After importing the demo project, I tried to open it, but it threw the error I specified in the first post.
I have created a JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45".
Is this correct ? This was my understanding as per the docs in the web site.
I went to CMD and typed 'Java -version' and it works.. the JVM is recognizable...
Have I missed out on something ?
Regards,
Karan

Hi,
downloaded it, unzipped it using 7z and copied the entire folder from a network drive onto my local drive.

Did you download your Talend Data Integration Build Version - v5.3.1 product from Talend Official Website? http://www.talend.com/download/data-integration
Is your installation path too long? Unzip it to a root drive, e.g. 'D:\Talend-5.3.1\studio\.
Is it still not working when you create a new project instead of importing a demo? Standard Sun JDK? Is there any more error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log .
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello ,
Did you download your Talend Data Integration Build Version - v5.3.1 product from Talend Official Website? http://www.talend.com/download/data-integration

Yes. This is the site I went to.
Is your installation path too long? Unzip it to a root drive, e.g. 'D:\Talend-5.3.1\studio\.

I unzipped it into another folder and tried, still no luck...
I unzipped to :- "C:\Karan\TalenD"
Is it still not working when you create a new project instead of importing a demo?

The error appears if I try to create a new project and even if I try to import a demo.
Standard Sun JDK

Yes. I went to the Sun site and downloaded the setup from there. I carried out the installation procedure, since I have worked with Java before,I am very confident that this was done properly.
Is there any more error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log .

When I tried to create a new project, I got a stack trace populated in the log. I have attached it here in this post . (the.LOG file) -- this is the stack trace when I tried to create a new project.

>>>>> Sorry, the forum is not allowing me to do this... I am pasting the stack trace here ... --- >

!SESSION 2013-11-13 16:40:49.246 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_IN
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2013-11-13 16:40:50.869
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2013-11-13 16:40:52.211
!MESSAGE 2013-11-13 16:40:52,211 INFO org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite - validate updatesite...

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2013-11-13 16:40:59.387
!MESSAGE The activator org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.WebServiceComponentPlugin for bundle org.talend.designer.esb.components.ws.consumer is invalid
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.WebServiceComponentPlugin for bundle org.talend.designer.esb.components.ws.consumer is invalid
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:156)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:239)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper$2.createImplementation(GetTasksHelper.java:129)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper$2.createImplementation(GetTasksHelper.java:1)
at org.talend.commons.utils.workbench.extensions.ExtensionImplementationProvider.createAndAddImplementation(ExtensionImplementationProvider.java:210)
at org.talend.commons.utils.workbench.extensions.ExtensionImplementationProvider.createInstances(ExtensionImplementationProvider.java:178)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper.getProjectTasks(GetTasksHelper.java:145)
at org.talend.migrationtool.MigrationToolService.initNewProjectTasks(MigrationToolService.java:447)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.createProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:455)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.newproject.NewProjectWizard.performFinish(NewProjectWizard.java:83)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:811)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:430)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.TOSLoginComposite$2.widgetSelected(TOSLoginComposite.java:519)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:294)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.logUserOnProject(Application.java:256)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:89)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.WebServiceComponentPlugin
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:149)
... 52 more
Root exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.WebServiceComponentPlugin
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:149)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:239)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper$2.createImplementation(GetTasksHelper.java:129)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper$2.createImplementation(GetTasksHelper.java:1)
at org.talend.commons.utils.workbench.extensions.ExtensionImplementationProvider.createAndAddImplementation(ExtensionImplementationProvider.java:210)
at org.talend.commons.utils.workbench.extensions.ExtensionImplementationProvider.createInstances(ExtensionImplementationProvider.java:178)
at org.talend.migrationtool.model.GetTasksHelper.getProjectTasks(GetTasksHelper.java:145)
at org.talend.migrationtool.MigrationToolService.initNewProjectTasks(MigrationToolService.java:447)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.createProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:455)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.newproject.NewProjectWizard.performFinish(NewProjectWizard.java:83)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.TOSLoginComposite$2.widgetSelected(TOSLoginComposite.java:519)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryService.openLoginDialog(RepositoryService.java:294)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2013-11-13 16:40:59.387
!MESSAGE 2013-11-13 16:40:59,387 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - Plug-in org.talend.designer.esb.components.ws.consumer was unable to load class org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.migration.ConsumerFaultResponseMigrationTask.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.talend.designer.esb.components.ws.consumer was unable to load class org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.migration.ConsumerFaultResponseMigrationTask.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.migration.ConsumerFaultResponseMigrationTask
... 44 more
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2013-11-13 16:40:59.387
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.talend.designer.esb.components.ws.consumer was unable to load class org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.migration.ConsumerFaultResponseMigrationTask.
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.migration.ConsumerFaultResponseMigrationTask
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2013-11-13 16:41:02.179
!MESSAGE 2013-11-13 16:41:02,179 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - org/talend/designer/codegen/components/model/MissingMainXMLComponentFileException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/designer/codegen/components/model/MissingMainXMLComponentFileException
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsService.getComponentsFactory(ComponentsService.java:46)
at org.talend.repository.model.ComponentsFactoryProvider.getInstance(ComponentsFactoryProvider.java:60)
at org.talend.core.CoreService.componentsReset(CoreService.java:249)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1755)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:360)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.MissingMainXMLComponentFileException
... 6 more
One Star

Hello ,
Any updates.. ?
Request your assistance here...
Regards.

Hi,
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.designer.esb.webservice.WebServiceComponentPlugin

Sorry for delay.
From the error message, it indicates some plug are missing or not loaded, it seems the product is not installed completely. Try to re-unzip the archive file(Can you use WinRAR to do it) again and notice any error occurs during the installation process.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Best regards
Sabrina
--