Six Stars

New Config Params in 5.4.1

Hello,
I'm upgrading from 5.2.1 to 5.4.1 . I exported my TAC config params from 5.2 and imported them in 5.4 . However, there are 3 new mandatory params in the SVN params section that weren't in 5.2 . They are Library location url:, Library Username: Library Password. The documenation is not very helpful (being nice here). Is a new SVN user needed? A new repository. What exactly are the external libraries mentioned and what do they do?
TIA,
Andy
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: New Config Params in 5.4.1

Library location url: a repository url on the SVN server used to store the third part libraries have been installed in Talend Studio, when opening a remote project in another Studio, the Studio will check out also the libraries and they are not required to install again.

Library username and Library password: username and password required to access SVN server.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I have a question about this. My TAC is all green with my svn urls filled out including the library url, username, and password. However, my projects don't seem to be placing there third party libraries there. The repository is empty. In fact, I think this problem is giving us issues when we attempt to generate a job from Job Conductor (compilation errors).
How do we get studio/tac to push the third party libraries to the library-url repositiory like you have shown in your screenshot?
Cheers,
James Gilchrist
Community Manager

Hi James
We need to do nothing to push the third party libraries to the library-url repository on SVN server, it should be done automatically when we open a remote project in Talend Studio. Do you see these libraries in the local directory <Talend Studio install dir>/lib/java?
Shong
One Star

Shong,
They are in the lib/java directory of the locally installed talend studio. However, they are not automatically being committed to the library url as specified in TAC configuration.
Community Manager

Hi jpgilchrist
- Make sure you have configured correctly the Library location url parameters in TAC.
- You have open a remote project with Talend Studio, so that the local libraries under /lib/java directory will be commit automatically to the SVN server.
If you still have problems on it, please report a ticket in our dedicated support portal, our colleagues from support team will assist you and investigate the problem further.
Best regards
Shong