License Accept dialog unresponsive on Mac OS Sierra

Five Stars

License Accept dialog unresponsive on Mac OS Sierra

I installed TOS_BD 6.4.1 on Mac OS Sierra.  When I double click on the app to start it, the splash screen comes up, then the license accept dialog comes up, but is unresponsive.  The accept button is there, and blue like it is active.  I can’t proceed past this dialog.  The error is the same whether I unzipped with the Mac utility or a third party tool.  The zip archive should be ok, I tested it on a windows machine and it worked.  The log file says:

!SESSION 2017-11-15 21:20:25.248 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_152
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/xxxx/eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/davidrosenblum/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2017-11-15 21:20:25.813
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.equinox.ds [4]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.util.event; version="1.0.0"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2017-11-15 21:20:30.296
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [88]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2017-11-15 21:20:31.922
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [88]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1498)
:

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: License Accept dialog unresponsive on Mac OS Sierra

Hi John,

This is a new laptop for me, so I just installed the latest JDK, which is 152 about 3 weeks ago.  Today I installed the 151 version from Oracle's site, which left me with two jdk's.  I tried changing my java home to 151 by changing my .bashrc to set JAVA_HOME to the older version like this 

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_151`

but that didn't seem to help (I did not reboot)

Then I went into the app package  (right or two finger click on the app and then select show package) and changed the file Contents/info.plist as you see below.  You can list out your installed JDK's with 

/usr/libexec/java_home -V 

to get the correct path.

I added the line in bold to the file and saved it, and then it would start.  Your JDK or location may be different, so run the command to get list of installed versions.   The entire file is posted for completeness, but I had to rename to Info.plist.txt to do so.

<key>Eclipse</key>
<array>
<!-- to use a specific Java version (instead of the platform's default) uncomment one of the following options,
or add a VM found via $/usr/libexec/java_home -V
<string>-vm</string><string>/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Commands/java</string>
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
-->
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
<string>--launcher.ini</string>
<string>$APP_PACKAGE/../TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.ini</string>
<string>-keyring</string><string>~/.eclipse_keyring</string>
<string>-showlocation</string>
<!-- WARNING:
If you try to add a single VM argument (-vmargs) here,
*all* vmargs specified in eclipse.ini will be ignored.
We recommend to add all arguments in eclipse.ini
-->
</array>

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this issue.  My exact OS is macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6.  This is listed as a Supported OS.  Is there a way I can change a file to say I clicked Accept so that things can proceed?  As I was looking around this site, I saw a reference to the version of java being a factor, so I will try 1.8 151 instead of 152. 

Thank you,

David

Two Stars

David,

I'm having the same issue as you describe.  I am also running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and java version 1.8.0_152. 

I'm curious if 151 helps you in this case. My old machine was running 10.11.6 and java 1.8.0.31.  Gonna try and dig up that java version and install.

John

Five Stars

Hi John,

This is a new laptop for me, so I just installed the latest JDK, which is 152 about 3 weeks ago.  Today I installed the 151 version from Oracle's site, which left me with two jdk's.  I tried changing my java home to 151 by changing my .bashrc to set JAVA_HOME to the older version like this 

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_151`

but that didn't seem to help (I did not reboot)

Then I went into the app package  (right or two finger click on the app and then select show package) and changed the file Contents/info.plist as you see below.  You can list out your installed JDK's with 

/usr/libexec/java_home -V 

to get the correct path.

I added the line in bold to the file and saved it, and then it would start.  Your JDK or location may be different, so run the command to get list of installed versions.   The entire file is posted for completeness, but I had to rename to Info.plist.txt to do so.

<key>Eclipse</key>
<array>
<!-- to use a specific Java version (instead of the platform's default) uncomment one of the following options,
or add a VM found via $/usr/libexec/java_home -V
<string>-vm</string><string>/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Commands/java</string>
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.8.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
-->
<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>
<string>--launcher.ini</string>
<string>$APP_PACKAGE/../TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.ini</string>
<string>-keyring</string><string>~/.eclipse_keyring</string>
<string>-showlocation</string>
<!-- WARNING:
If you try to add a single VM argument (-vmargs) here,
*all* vmargs specified in eclipse.ini will be ignored.
We recommend to add all arguments in eclipse.ini
-->
</array>

Two Stars

Thanks David!

That worked for me as well.  Really appreciated your solution on this!

Thanks,
John

Six Stars

Good info shared here.  

The one thing I kept getting stuck on was that I was using jdk1.8.0_161.jdk instead of jdk1.8.0_151.jdk.  It will not work with 1.6.1 (at least that is the case for TOS-BD v6.4.1).  Once I update the vm string to reference 1.5.1 then it came up fine.  

Employee

Hi,

i got stuck on this too, using the latest JDK8_u162. reverting to JDK8_u151 fixed the problem. 

One Star

Had the exact same problems in high sierra.  Used david's solution to change the Info.plist.

Similarly i had to change from JDK8_161 to JDK8_151 and that solved the issue

Four Stars

I had the same issue with TOS for BD 6.5.1 on Mac OS Sierra, i only installed JAVA 8u151 from this link  :http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html?printOnly=...

Four Stars

Thanks for the link to the java version 151. That worked for me. The 171, 172, or version 10 didn't work at this time. May 2nd 2018

@netsorowrote:

I had the same issue with TOS for BD 6.5.1 on Mac OS Sierra, i only installed JAVA 8u151 from this link  :http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html?printOnly=...

Five Stars

Thank you, it works Smiley Wink
Two Stars

Hi,

I have JDK8_1.7 how to lower it to JDK8_1.5. I am facing the dialog box unresponsive error. Can you please help me on this.

Employee

first you need to uninstall the JDK8_17 and then install the JDK8_15 from the link provided in the above comment :

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html?printOnly=...

Five Stars

The posting above show you how to get Talend to use a particular version of Java.  It doesn't matter how many versions of Java are installed.  The plist.info points Talend to the the desired install.  

Two Stars

This link works, but requires an Oracle account (can create easily and free).  Remember to download the JDK 151, not the JRE.

This process to firstly identify that Java was missing (error messages are terrible, vague and misleading), install the latest JRE, install the latest JDK, install old version of JDK, install specific old version of JDK, and update the config to specify which one to use has been painful.  Lucky this software doesn't have a paid licence otherwise I'd be demanding a refund already - before actually getting into the environment.  3 hours wasted.

One Star

update the TOSxxxx-macosx-cocoa.ini file, add 

-vm
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java

make sure it's the first line & second line. 

Hello,

This jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-19313 has been fixed on 6.4.2, 7.1.1, 6.5.2, 7.0.2 .

We were confirmed by R&D that 7.1 which will be out in October this year will have the fix. M3 is currently available for download if you want to give it a try and it includes the fix: https://www.talend.com/products/data-integration/data-integration-manuals-release-notes/?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina,

Have you noticed that you always answer with the same typified response?

This type of answers do not help the community, we come to this forum looking for help, it is not mandatory to answer if the answers do not contribute anything.

Thx