Language change

One Star

Language change

Hi All,
I recently downloaded a Talend Open Studio v3.0.3 English Version somehow I have some parts in software in German? :/ Can you somebody tell me where I can change the language in this software to full english. I was looking for such option but without results.
I have XP Pro SP3 English and a hve no clue from where I have German language in T.O.S. Yes I leave and work in Switzerland but the location it shouldn't be an issue.
Community Manager

Re: Language change

Hi
Well, indeed, I have no explanation for now, regarding the German parts. I need to check this more thoroughly, and I'll get back to you when I get a proper explanation.
But to get back to the English version, simply click on Window > Preferences
Then click Talend on the tree and select English in the drop-down list of the Local Language field
Note that the other languages are not yet ready (French, German...) as we are still in translation process.
HTH,
Elisa
One Star

Thanks
Employee

It is possible to force the language of the platform by adding the following lines in the TalendOpenStudio-win32-x86.ini file (choose the .ini file appropriate to your OS):
-nl
en_EN

Be sure to put these instructions on two lines and at the beginning of the file before the other properties.
One Star

Hi,
there is only one version for Talend. I think Eclipse will extract the language somehow out of your environment. So there may be a problem (I use the german version but a german system also).
You could change the language in the properties of Talend (in german Fenster->Preferences->Talend).
Bye
Volker
One Star

Hello,
Is it not cleaner to add just this line in the config.ini file located in the configuration folder?
osgi.nl=en
Personally I added it in the end of file and it is working well.
Cheers
Patrick
One Star

Hi,
I don't know if osgi.nl=en is the best way but it works when the other doesn't.
Thanks,
Olivier
Four Stars

In TOS for ESB 7.0.1

it's under Prefernces > Talend > Internationalisierung and DropDown

why there is the german version of internationalisation, have no clue

Hello,

Are you able to get back to the English version, simply click on Window > Preferences
Then click Talend on the tree and select English in the drop-down list of the Local Language field to?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.