Karaf console not showing bundle config updates

Highlighted
Eight Stars

Karaf console not showing bundle config updates

Hi

When using Apache Karaf web console or directly on Linux Karaf console (with config:edit then configSmiley Tongueroperty-list) , I can only see context at karaf startup time, but they don't show context modifications when I install again a bundle (route), either with hot deploy dropping the kar file in container/deploy, either with standard deploy in data/kar. 

Context values are not updated, new contexte variables don't appear, even if the route itself works fine and uses the updated context. 

Very strange, and then not reliable. 

Where am I wrong ? 

Tags (1)
Employee

Re: Karaf console not showing bundle config updates

Hi Loko,

Just first want to check have you executed the "config:update" command after you changed some properties value with "config:edit"?

And you may check if the container/etc/RouteName.cfg is existing and if the properties key/value are updated in this cfg content?

There are 2 options to update the context properties, 1) update the key/value from the Route cfg file directly 2) using the config:edit/update command like what you did.

Regards.

Xilai

Eight Stars

Hi Xilai

Yes I did config:update, it does update the container/deploy/MYROUTE.cfg file. I also tried to modify directly this file. Both work, the new values are used by the route when a new message is treated, but thoses new values don't appear in karaf java console or karaf web management. 

It would be very useful and reliable to see in thoses consoles the actual values, not the startup ones.

Employee

Okay, clear,

Could you try "configCfgStore=true" in the container/etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read