JDK 1.8u60+ issue with AWS SDK

One Star

JDK 1.8u60+ issue with AWS SDK

After updating to openjdk 1.8.0_60 I am unable to run jobs using the AWS S3 component. I get the following error.
AWS authentication requires a valid Date or x-amz-date header (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: AccessDenied;

I understand this should be updated in the newest version of the aws adk, but Talend looks for a specific version. Is there a way to point it to a newer one?
One Star

Re: JDK 1.8u60+ issue with AWS SDK

Also, I was able to downgrade to a previous version of the jdk to resolve, but would like to know if there's a longer term solution in place?

Hi Kyro,
So far, talend don't support for Open JDK.
Please take a look at document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Platforms and Java environments.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I ran into this bug in Talent Open Studio 6.0.1 on Oracle JDK-8u60, it has to do with a breakage between aws-sdk and joda-time.
See the following:

The workaround I have is to use joda-2.8.2.jar.
Get the jar from joda-time () un-tar and record the location of joda-time-2.8.2.jar
In Talend Open-Studio:
Run --> Advanced Settings --> JVM Setting --> New:
Add "-Xbootclasspath/a:<path to joda-time-2.8.2.jar>"
It would be nice if the Talend team could give us an update when aws-java-sdk-1.9.13.jar and joda-time-2.3.jar will be updated.
Thanks,
kjoshi.

Hi  kjoshi?
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
There is a update for joda-time-2.7 jar in v 6.1.0 RC1
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I'm trying to run a script to move data from tSalesforceInput -> tMap -> tRedshiftOutputBulkExec and I continuously get this error. I have tried both changing my JDK to a previous version and adding joda time 2.8.2 to the JVM settings and I still get the error.
Any advice appreciated. 
Employee

The change of the library has been done here: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-34084
One Star

Noob question, if this has been fixed, how do I pull the fix down to TOS?
I am running:
Version: 6.0.1 
Build id: 20150908_1633
I am getting the same error while trying to use ts3list component, whilst behind a proxy. 
One Star

Hi,
I am using Talend for Big Data 6.3.1 desktop. I am loading data from postgresql db to aws redshift db.
I have a problem 'Error converting Timestamp'
Exception in component tPostgresqlInput_1
java.sql.SQLDataException: (10140) Error converting value to Timestamp.
I tried adding joda-time-2.8.2.jar in java classpath and path of jar file in jvm instructions and ran the job.
But still, problem not resolved. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards
Satya

Hi sbitra,
Could you please show us your job setting screenshots on forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue? Is your connection Ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Twelve Stars

Hi,
I am using Talend for Big Data 6.3.1 desktop. I am loading data from postgresql db to aws redshift db.
I tried adding joda-time-2.8.2.jar in java classpath and path of jar file in jvm instructions and ran the job.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards
Satya

Think it other problem, not related to joda version and AWS
as mentioned by Sabrina - it good to add some screenshots
-----------
One Star

Hi,
Thanks in Advance.
Regards
Satya

Think it other problem, not related to joda version and AWS
as mentioned by Sabrina - it good to add some screenshots
HI, its not allowing me to upload screen shorts .
Job is just to load data from postgresql db table to redshift db table, pretty straight forward.
Here is the error message:

at com.amazon.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.toSQLException(Unknown Source)
                at com.amazon.utilities.conversion.TypeConverter.convertToTimestamp(Unknown Source)
                at com.amazon.utilities.conversion.TypeConverter.toTimestamp(Unknown Source)
                at com.amazon.jdbc.common.SForwardResultSet.getTimestamp(Unknown Source)
                at routines.system.JDBCUtil.getDate(JDBCUtil.java:61)
                at local_project.college_appl_dl_fl_0_1.college_appl_dl_fl.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(college_appl_dl_fl.java:2169)
                at local_project.college_appl_dl_fl_0_1.college_appl_dl_fl.runJobInTOS(college_appl_dl_fl.java:5975)
                at local_project.college_appl_dl_fl_0_1.college_appl_dl_fl.main(college_appl_dl_fl.java:5580)
This is the actual error message.
Regards
Twelve Stars

exactly! ;-)
tPostgresqlInput_1 - it is NOT AWS component
You are read from Postgres and write to Redshift (it will be tRedshiftOutput)
so - please attache more Job screenshots
-----------
One Star

I have some issues in uploading pictures or screenshots. I'm sorry.
I am loading data using the below workflow: 
tPostgresqlConnection-->on component ok-->tRedshiftConnection-->onsubjobok-->tPostgresqlinput -->row1(Main)-->tRedshiftOutput 
The same workflow is working in talend 6.1.2 and the same job is giving problems with version talend 6.2, 6.3 also.
why the error is not in talend 6.1.2 and why in talend 6.2 and 6.3? any guess on the error? 
Thanks