One Star

Invalid Configuration: Locking is not possible in the directory

Hi,
I just installed Talend 5.3 open studio on my Windows 2008 64 bit Server. When I open Talend as the Admin, which is the user that installed the application, everything works great. However, any other user that logs into the server and tries to open Talend, they get the following error and cant open Talend:

"Locking is not possible in the directory "C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r104014-V5.3\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi". A Common reason is that the file system or run time environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or discable file locking apssing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument. C:\TOS\TOS-WIn32-r104014-V5.3.1\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.fileTableLock (Access is denied)

I have looked into this error and found a few sites that try and help - this one from IBM - but when I implement the fix, I didn't find any success: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21455334
I think this has to do with the fact that I installed Talend with the a specific user, and a particular file is locked to only that user so other users cant use Talend.
Anyone else have this issue and know how to resolve it?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Invalid Configuration: Locking is not possible in the directory

You can "run as administrator". I don't have windows to hand but I think right clicking the shortcut makes it available.
Or reinstall?
One Star

Thanks for the help. That is a good work around, but what if I have a user that isnt an admin in Windows Server 2008 and needs to use Talend? Is there any way to work around running as admin?

Hi,
Install the talend product in usual disk instead of system(c:\-->d:\). And add permission for your user.
Let me know if it is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.