Five Stars

Installing TalendToolsStudio on Sierra

My OS: macOS High Sierra ver 10.13.1

Installing: TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1

Always getting the same error:

------

Error copying file from /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/SSLKeystore to /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOSSmiley Very Happyestination not writable

------

Thanks for you replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing TalendToolsStudio on Sierra

Hello,

So far, OSX High Sierra (10.13.1) is not in the supported list of compatible Operation System, that means we did not do any testing on OSX High Sierra (10.13.1). Have you tried to install studio on a supported OS to see if it works?

Please have a look at this online document about: TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

Here is the related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
6 REPLIES

Hello,

Are you using talend installer to install your studio? Can you manually create folder /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app to see if the installation can be done successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Indeed

mkdir /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents

helped to finish the installation but then impossible to start the application.

/Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-Studio-macosx-cocoa.app

Double-click on  generates an error

Hello,

So far, OSX High Sierra (10.13.1) is not in the supported list of compatible Operation System, that means we did not do any testing on OSX High Sierra (10.13.1). Have you tried to install studio on a supported OS to see if it works?

Please have a look at this online document about: TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

Here is the related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-18888

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Thank you for your answer, i was struggling for nothing ;(
Works obviously for Sierra 10.12 but not for 10.13 ...
Thanks anyway
Two Stars

I also ran into the same error message when trying to install on macOS 10.13.2.

error copying file from /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/SSLKeystore to /Applications/TalendToolsStudio-6.4.1/studio/Talend-studio-mocosx-cocoa.app/Contents/MacOS :Destionation not writable

Anyone have any tricks to successfully install on macOS 10.13 ? 

Also, it looks like the Jira ticket for this thread is more related to a JVM issue after install. This error message above is specific to the install on macOS 10.13. Should it be treated in a separate Jira ticket?

I've attached the bitrock_installer logs produced when running the installer on my mac. The error message is triggered once the "Unpacking files" stage is reached. 

Thanks!

-Josh

Hi,

So far, supported compatible platform for MAC are OS X 10.12 Sierra, OS X 10.11 El Capitan and OS X 10.10 Yosemite on talend studio V 6.4.1

Best regards

Sabrina

--