Two Stars

Installing Talend ESB 6.4.1 on mac osx 10.13 High Sierra

Downloaded Zip and Extracted using iZip so Folder contents extracted correctly.

On launching I am prompted to Accept License Agreement. ... Application is unresponsive to any input

I launched Studio on co-workers machine with older osx version and opened fine ... accepted License from that machine.

Tried opening again on my machine after accepting license on other computer .... again no response.

I checked the compatibility page on Talend and osx 10.12 is listed so I am one version beyond that.

Is the application os version locked or is there something else I can do to open TOS?

8 REPLIES

Re: Installing Talend ESB 6.4.1 on mac osx 10.13 High Sierra

Hello,

Is there any message in log? Which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log 

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I am having the same issue.

Attached is the log file.

Two Stars

Same issue on setting up Talend on a new Macbook Pro with High Sierra and not being able to click the "I Accept"-button for the User Service Agreement window.

cat .metadata/.log
!SESSION 2017-12-19 12:25:36.347 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_152
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/vidar/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/vidar/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2017-12-19 12:25:37.006
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [229]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecore 2 0 2017-12-19 12:25:39.377
!MESSAGE Both 'org.talend.model' and 'org.talend.model' register a package for 'platform:/resource/org.talend.model/model/TalendFile.xsd'

Two Stars

Downgrading from java 1.8 152 to 151 solved the issue for me.

ref https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/License-Accept-dialog-unresponsive-on-Mac-O...

Hello,

So far, Talend is only supported on Java CPS Versions, not Java PSU.

For more information, please have a look at this document:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/cpu-psu-explained-2331472.html

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,

I am having the same issue (unresponsive accept window) with running Tableau 6.5.1 on mac high sierra (10.13.1) and java 1.8 161. In the log file I found an Eclipse error, see below, I do not have Eclipse installed, is that a requirement?

Thanks, Linda

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-02-13 11:28:55.895
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
!SESSION 2018-02-13 11:31:08.270 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_161
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_CH
Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/linda/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/linda/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.compare.win32 4 0 2018-02-13 11:31:14.856
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.compare.win32 [235]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=win32)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Five Stars

Fall back to jdk1.8.0_151, it fixed my issue.

Look at my post here:  https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/License-Accept-dialog-unresponsive-on-Mac-O...

There is probably quite a bit of Eclipse in 
Talent Studio, so the error may look like it's an Eclipse error at the root of it, but I think it's not.  Its the jdk version.

David

Four Stars

Thanks a lot DavidR1 and all the rest in the talend community that helped me!

I find it really sad and annoying that it is so difficult to install and make talend run on a mac. I had to employ 2 "hacks" and will share with anyone who may have the same issues:

1. First issue came up trying to run TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.app; A message: "The TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library." 

To solve this issue, either use another unzipper such as izip, or do following from the command line (standard unzip + remove extended filesystem attributes):

$ unzip TOS_BD-20180116_1512-V6.5.1.zip

navigate into folder

$ xattr -c *.app

2. Then the app would run but the first window with an accept button was unresponsive.

To solve this issue, download and install this exact java version: jdk-8u151-macosx-x64.dmg (just google that and you'll find it in oracles archives). 

Now you can either downgrade your java version to this install, or alternatively you can add a line to the file:

[TOS-root]/TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents/Info.plist

and add the path of the java executable as described by DavidR1 in the link above.

It makes me really worried every time in the future that I have to update my mac version, and I am for sure not going to update talend anytime soon!