One Star

Installing Platform for Data Management on Red Hat Linux 5.6

Hi Team,
We are planning to install platform for data management on RedHat Linux 5.6 64 bit version,
Below is my understanding on client and server components are to be installed.
My server is a VM which runs on RedHat Linux 5.6 64 bit version and I will be installing all the server components
and my local machine will have the open studio.
I have a few clarifications on the server installation.
1.Will I be receiving a single installation file from Talend which will install all the server components or Do I need to install each component separately.If I need to install it separately,What are the steps to be followed.I already looked in to the admin installation guide,but i find it a bit confusing Smiley Sad
2.Where will I have my SVN servers for versioning(server or client?)
3.Since my VM is the server and my local machine has the open studio ,what all ports are required to be open for studio to connect(eg:database instance,talend ports).A detail description on this would we appreciated.
Eagerly waiting for response!!
7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Installing Platform for Data Management on Red Hat Linux 5.6

Hi
Have you read the installation guide: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=talend+platform+for+data+management+installation+and+upgrad...
You get delivered with an installer that will install all modules you want to install on your VM in one process.
Then I suppose you will need to install the studio separately on your machine by running this installer again.
I believe your SVN servers have to be together with TAC.
For port information check out the corresponding section in the install guide: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Port+information&content-lang=en
HTH
One Star

Hi,
Thank you for your Prompt reply Smiley Happy.
1.If I am installing Talend using a single installation file,What are the parameters I should be setting for the installation to complete successfully.In the installation guide ,I was able to find specifications of installing Talend module by module only and not using a single installation file.
2. Regarding the SVN, I understand that SVN Server will be a part of the package and I will be required to install the SVN client(Apache Subversion) and Open studio in my local machines.Am i Right?
and also after the SVN server is installed,I will create a repository and I will link the SVN server with TAC in the Configurations tab in Administration centre.
Can you please help me understand how my open studio,apache subversion will connect with the server repository for versioning .Any screenshots on this will be helpful
Employee

Hi
1. The installation requirements for Talend Installer are described here: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installation+requirements&content-lang=en and here: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Talend+Installer+specific+prerequisites&content-lang=en
2. It depends: if you chose the "Easy install" option in the Installer, everything will be installed with default configuration (= embedded Tomcat server, SVN installed locally and SVN repository created and linked to your Studio).
However if you select the "Custom type" option, you can select the modules you want to install and configure some parameters: you can either let the Installer create the SVN client and repository, or, if you already have an existing SVN, you can set its URL during the configuration.
Your projects are stored in the SVN repository for which you have defined the URL in Talend Administration Center. This repository is then retrieved at Studio startup when you create a remote project which is connected to Talend Administration Center. For more info on the Talend architecture, see https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Architecture+of+the+Talend+products&content-lang=en.
Hope this helps.
One Star

Hi ,
Many thanks for the reply.. Smiley Happy
Generally Which is the best practice to follow during installation.Installing the application using a single file or install it module by module.
Below is the list of installation links provided by talend
Talend-Installer-Starter-r111943-V5.4.1-installer.zip
dist
Talend-Installer-Starter-r111943-V5.4.1-installer.zip.MD5
dist.MD5
Manual Installation :
Talend-Studio-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-Studio-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-AdministrationCenter-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-AdministrationCenter-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-JobServer-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-JobServer-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-AMC_Web-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-AMC_Web-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-BRMS-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-BRMS-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-DQPortal-r111943-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-DQPortal-r111943-V5.4.1.zip.MD5
Talend-DSC-r111943-V5.4.1.jar
Talend-DSC-r111943-V5.4.1.jar.MD5
Talend-DSC-r111943-V5.4.1.war
Talend-DSC-r111943-V5.4.1.war.MD5
Repository-Manager-r111943-V1.5.zip
Repository-Manager-r111943-V1.5.zip.MD5
Talend-LogServer-V5.4.1.zip
Talend-LogServer-V5.4.1.zip.MD5

1.Talend-Installer-Starter-r111943-V5.4.1-installer.zip has linux run file,If I run this will all my client and server components be installed?
2.What is the use of MD5 files?(is it a check sum file)
3.If i am manually installing the modules,What is the step to be followed from the above zip files(Which manual installation Zip file should i run first,second and so on).
4.Since my SVN server is in Linux Red hat,will I be selecting use SVN server locally(Linux only) during configuration and will I install Apache subversion and Open studio in my local machine?
One Star

hi guys,
Any update?
One Star

hi team,
Your Inputs will be critical for me to start my installation.

Regards,
Scmal
One Star

Hi Team,
I have installed Platform for Data Management on my RHEL 6.4.
I have a few questions regarding the configurations
1.How do I configure my commandline on my Linux System,When i run the commandline.sh,I get the error as in the below link http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=113152
What should i do resolve the issue.I have already installed the XULRunner.
2.Regarding the SVN,I have installed it and the process is running in my linux server,
but when i provide the svn url in TAC,it says it is not a valid URL.Can you please help me proceed on this issue.
Regards,
Scmal