One Star

Installation issue on Mac OS

Hi,

I am facing the following issues which one of them resolved on my own. 

1. Could not open TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa and had to run 

xattr -c TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app 

2. Now after that I am getting the error To open “Talend Open Studio for Data Integration” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

I am running MacOs Sierra version 10.12.5 

surely I dont need version 6 now do I ?

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

Ajith

• Talend Installer
5 REPLIES

Re: Installation issue on Mac OS

Hi,

What's talend build version you are using? And what's your JDK version? More information will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Nine Stars

Generally - I never have the problem with Talend on Mac if NOT use build  unarchiver
I use Archiver - and never have this problem (repeated many, many times)

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.46.55 PM.png

-----------

Hi Ajith,

Are you using third-party ZIP extractor or the built-in OS X zip extractor?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi!

I have downloaded v6.4.0 and I am using OSX  Sierra v10.12.5. My java version is 1.8.0_131.

After I unzip the downloaded file, I click on the cocoa app, and I get the following error:

The TOS_BD-macosx-cocoa executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

Any help?

Thanks

Arya

Hi,

It looks like OS X default unzip did not extract properly. Could you please try to delete the previous set of files and then re-extract using other extractor to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--