Import Job from project to an other project

One Star

Import Job from project to an other project

Hello
Is it possible to import project from project to an other?
Why is not possible to copy/paste from tos to an other?
DN
Employee

Re: Import Job from project to an other project

Hello Denis,
Can you see the following 968.
This is the right Ecport/Import action.
Regards.
One Star

Christophe

I have two TOS opening and I want to copy object from TOS A job 1 to TOS B job 2 and it's not possible.
And what is the way to import just One job to a projet to an other ?
DN
Employee

Denis,
In your first Talend Open Studio, choose your job (#yourJob#), go to Navigator view (near Repository).
You must have a #yourJob#.properties and #yourJob#.item, select this two files.
Then click-right and choose "Export", in the Export wizard select General / Archive file, specify a name to archive file, click finish.
Then in your second Talend Open Studio, click-right on Job Designs (in the Repository view), choose "Import items" action -> select Archive File (take your archive file with Browse button), and click Finish.
You Job is imported in an other Projet in the same Talend Open Studio, or another Studio.
Regards.
One Star

Hello,
I can't export jobs to another TOS.
first TOS : 2.1.2 on win XP
second one : 2.1.2 on Red Hat
Please what i'm doing wrong ?
regards
Ben
Employee

the import dialog cannot find the "talend.project" file in your zip. So you can :
- make a zip with the whole project
- or put the talend.project file in the same directory of you .item and .properties (like it is in the the export Job with sources)
One Star

or put the talend.project file in the same directory of you .item and .properties

yeah it works
Thanks you !
One Star

Hi,
I am not able to import jobs. Please help.
Regards
Abhinav
One Star

I've had the same problem with TOS myself and here's how I fixed it.
Copy 'myjob.item' and 'myjob.properties' (found in the 'process' folder) of the job you wish to copy to the process dir of the job you wish to have them in and reboot talend. Of course, do not save over these jobs. After the reboot the jobs are listed in the project.
One Star

Hi All,
Please any one can tell me how to upgrade talend mdm 5.01 to 5.1.1 in unix machine..
One Star

I've had the same problem with TOS myself and here's how I fixed it.
Copy 'myjob.item' and 'myjob.properties' (found in the 'process' folder) of the job you wish to copy to the process dir of the job you wish to have them in and reboot talend. Of course, do not save over these jobs. After the reboot the jobs are listed in the project.

Thanks Ragnabob, you saved my time. ~Avinash
One Star

I am importing a job from Dev to QA.
I have many jobs in Folder named Fact_Load and I want to migrate job named 'delivery_data' from DEV to QA,
so when i am importing the job to QA I just want my talend job to get migrated as I already have that folder in QA with all the jobs. So in Dev it is like:- (Fact_Load -> delivery_data)
But what is happening is that it is migrating the job with the folder also.
So now in QA I have like :- (Fact_Load -> Fact_Load ->delivery_data)
Please let me know how I can only migrate the job and not the folder in which the job is present.

Hi jess.mic,
Do you want to import job? not a root directory but a job "delivery_data"? If I understand your requirement well, Please see the article How to import items.
In addition, How did you export your job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.