Howto install and use with already installed eclipse

One Star

Howto install and use with already installed eclipse

Hi,
what must I do for install and running Talend as a additional perspective if a have a working eclipse 3.1 with epic (perl) plugin? I don't want a second eclipse install.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Howto install and use with already installed eclipse

Hi Richard,
Unfortunately, you cannot currently install Talend Open Studio as a plugin for Eclipse.
We will deliver this functionnality in the future.
However, even if it looks similar, you're not going to have a second Eclipse installation.
Actually Talend Open Studio is built with Eclipse RCP Skeleton but is an Independant Product.

Best Regards,
Michaël

All Replies
Employee

Hi Richard,
Unfortunately, you cannot currently install Talend Open Studio as a plugin for Eclipse.
We will deliver this functionnality in the future.
However, even if it looks similar, you're not going to have a second Eclipse installation.
Actually Talend Open Studio is built with Eclipse RCP Skeleton but is an Independant Product.

Best Regards,
Michaël
One Star

Has the status of this changed?
Employee

Has the status of this changed?

No, sorry to say that, but this is really not a high priority point for us.
Regards,
One Star

Not working with an installed eclipse is going to be a major deal breaker. We liked your product but we need to integrate with a SOA and its not acceptable to have a non integrated solution. In the future you might want to rethink this limitation.
One Star

I just registered here to find out how to install TOS as a plugin and was really disappointed to find this thread and reading that it's not a 'high priority'. In my opinion it should be, developers don't want to use 10 different tools to do their job. One of the cool features of Eclipse is the common interface to do all kinds of stuff which makes it an ideal Business Intelligence Workbench including Data modeling (Clay), Reporting (BIRT), Analysis (jPalo) and Data Mining (Knime). Having to switch tools for ETL and profiling is a nuisance which should be fixed asap.
One Star

Any update on this? Talend have eclipse plugin ? Smiley Happy
GJ
One Star

I agree, I encourage Talend to make this a high priority. Talend users are developers. What makes the integration so difficult? The competition is there already, look at MapForce 2009 that now integrates within Eclipse. We could even imagine TOS integrating with other Eclipse tools such as version control and mylyn (task-focused interface), which would be great for managing large data integration projects!
One Star

Indeed I was quite surprised to see that in TOS V3.1 the "Team synchronise View" is not available anymore..... it realy hurts!
One Star

Waiting for the Talend plugin for eclipse Smiley Happy
Regards
One Star

Is there any headway on this? I would like to install Talend on top of Eclipse Galileo
One Star

Hi,
Is there any update on this ? I found a related fixed issue on bugtracker : http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=2281
Why is the plugin not available yet?
Regards
One Star

Any news on the plug-in everybody is waiting for???
Thanks,
Fab
One Star

We are also looking to install Talend in an existing Eclipse installation. This is a big disadvantage for Talend at the moment.
One Star

Any news on the Eclipse plug-in ?
Thanks,
Community Manager

Hi All
FYI, we don't consider of developing Talend Open studio as Eclipse plugin.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star