One Star

Help to understand error

Hello
I'm trying to extract and load data from db Sybase table to an other db Sybase table on the same saver

I create to db connection and check my connection (there are ok) I Imported the Tables Schema and it's ok
I used a
tSybaseInput conected to tSybaseOutput

I get this error
Could you help me to understand what is the probleme?
Exception in component tSybaseOutput_1
com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: mytable not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output).
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.updateLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at siam.sycdata.SycData.tSybaseInput_1Process(SycData.java:1752)
at siam.sycdata.SycData.main(SycData.java:1876)
5 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Help to understand error

Hello,
Can you verify that you have filled your tSybaseOuput "TABLE" field in the properties.
Regards.
One Star

You right this is the probleme table filed was mytable.
Antoine
Could you tel me why I supposed to change the name of this field if I use the Schema type "repository " and select the table?
DN
Employee

Hello,
The reason for it is simple, a Db connection repository stores the "connection information to a database" and the "schema description for one or several tables".
When you use the tSybaseInput component, this is the Query field and not the Schema field that specifies the current table.
The Guess Query is only assisting the user in building the query based on the same table name as defined in the Schema. But this help is only for your convenience.
In the Output, you might want to insert in a different table, therefore the Table field needs to be filled in manually.

Regards.
One Star

Antoine

For tSybaseInput is clear
For tSybaseOutput, I don't understant why I have to specifie the TABLE field . if I use the repository schema type and repo is suposed to be enough information?
DN
Community Manager

Hi Denis,
It's easier to spot a mistake like a missing table name field, than find out if the table that you defined through the schema type setting (stored in the Repository), was the right one or not.
I mean, not all users want to write into the same table name, as the one the output schema was based on.
Hope this makes things clearer?
Elisa