Hangs on Initialize Project Connection when I connect to remote server

My java is 64 bit. I was able to run Talend for remote project. But today, when i try to connect to remote project, Talend hangs on Progress Information ->Initialize Project Connection. I can't even click on Cancel button to stop the process. I have workspace log snippet as followed: C:\talend_workspace\.metadata\.log file
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2012-03-21 13:48:24.446
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
!SESSION 2012-03-21 13:49:04.270 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_03
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2012-03-21 13:49:06.509
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

• Talend Administration Center
  • Talend Remote Engine
  • Talend Studio
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Hangs on Initialize Project Connection when I connect to remote server

Hi
The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

If you are trying to connect to a remote project, try to remove the local workspace or change to another workspace and test again.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

If you are trying to connect to a remote project, try to remove the local workspace or change to another workspace and test again.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

As is typical with the replies that I have seen from shong, his answers are probably correct, but ultimately not useful. How exactly does one "remove the local workspace or change to another workspace and test again"?
His answer is something like "perform magic" then try again.
Five Stars

Hi jcollins12498,

What shong is saying is correct, the error occurs because your local work space and remote work space are not in sync.once you remove your local work space it will create fresh work space from remote.

For best practice it is better to do development in local mode and push all the changes to remote.