One Star

Good Talend MDM books or tutorials

Hello there,
Does anyone know where to get a good practical cookbook for Talend MDM or some tutorials. There is a good book for Integration but I've search high and low and can't find any decent tutorials or any practical hands on book on Talend MDM.
Thanks,
Facoda

• Talend MDM Server
  • Talend MDM Web UI
  • Talend Studio
3 REPLIES

Re: Good Talend MDM books or tutorials

Hi Facoda,
Could you please take a look at this ebook: diethardsteiner.blogspot.fr/2012/06/free-book-talend-master-data-management.html to see if it is helpful for you?
In addition, you can access Talend community wiki.
You can check here http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php. There is a section TOS MDM in action.
Feel free to let me know your problem on Talend MDM product.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

With all due respect to the author of this book I found it hard to follow and some of the methods seems to be out of date with consequent upgrades of Talend for example creating entities and data models in MDM is totally out of date in the book.
The consequence is that when you try some of the exercises they don't actually work and you're left to come back to this forum or go through trial and error to figure out something.
So far Talend seems to be in principle a great product especially due to it's hundreds of components and more available to download but interms of usability compared with SSIS (which has loads more user manuals) it doesn't come close. I think this is really the stumbling block for Talend... but otherwise from using Talend Integration with the cookbook from Packt you realise it is a powerful product.
One Star

Hi Facoda,
Could you please take a look at this ebook: diethardsteiner.blogspot.fr/2012/06/free-book-talend-master-data-management.html to see if it is helpful for you?
In addition, you can access Talend community wiki.
You can check here . There is a section TOS MDM in action.
Feel free to let me know your problem on Talend MDM product.
Best regards
Sabrina

I was looking too! Thanks!