Four Stars

General Talend Architecture prior to install

Hi,

I'm new to Talend and recently began working on a project where we will be installing the Talend Data Management platform.  As part of this project we will be deploying a Development and Production environment, each containing two servers (TAC\CI server, Job server). Overall, I will be responsible for the hardware, but not the general day to day use of Talend.   Basically, I'm trying to determine how data flows through the Talend servers from the data sources to the job server.  I've been looking through documentation but haven't found a good description of the process.

The idea behind this question is that the Project manager would like our production environment to be housed in our offsite datacenter, but this would mean this it is across the WAN from most of the datasources.  I'm trying to determine what kind of performance impact would result from this as I'm assuming it would be pulling a lot of data across our WAN connection.

• Talend Installer
2 REPLIES

Re: General Talend Architecture prior to install

Hi,

Here is online document about:Talend+Data+Management+Platform+functional+architecture.

Feel free to let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

Four Stars

Re: General Talend Architecture prior to install

Thanks, that is helpful, but I was more curious about how the data flows through Talend while a job is running.  For example, if our user is running a job that is using data stored in one of our SQL databases, will the job be pulling/pushing data to this database during the duration of the job run or would it load the needed data locally and then perform the processing.  I'm curious because some of the databases they could be hitting would be across the WAN from the Talend job server and this could potentially affect overall performance.