Export project problem

One Star

Export project problem

Hello,
I'm running TOS v2.1.0RC1_r4264 and tying to export a project named RAID. When I do, I get these errors:
Problems were encountered during export:
Error exporting RAID/.project: Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/.project.
Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/.project.
Error exporting RAID/RAID Export/TblAccount.xml: Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/RAID Export/TblAccount.xml.
Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/RAID Export/TblAccount.xml.
Error exporting RAID/SXML/tblAccount.sxml: Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/SXML/tblAccount.sxml.
Resource is out of sync with the file system: /RAID/SXML/tblAccount.sxml.
Any idea what's going on?
Thanks,
Jason
Employee

Re: Export project problem

Hello
The solution is to click on the refresh button (on the right of the repository tab).
One Star

Did that... no change.
Employee

oh.
Quite strange !
Can you try to click on navigator tab, make a right click on your project folder -> refresh
One Star

That seems to work--thanks. However, the solution uncovered another related problem. I have subdirectories containing files essential to the job I created that should be included in the project archive. (For example, one directory holds XML files output from a tFileOutputXML object.) These subdirs and files do make it into the archive, which is what we need, but executing the job throws exceptions if I import the project under a new name or if the import TOS workspace is in a different place on the filesystem than it was for the export.
I believe this is because the filename property for the tFileOutputXML object is set to an absolute path that is no longer valid. Is there any way to make the file paths relative to whatever the project directory is, so that they stay valid when the project archive is imported into TOS installations that vary as I've described? In short, I'd like to treat the project archive as a file that can be passed from one machine to another and has no hard dependencies on TOS installation particulars. Something like $PROJECT_HOME or even $TOS_HOME/workspace/projectname would do the trick.
Thanks,
Jason
Employee

Talend Open Studio won't export the inputs file neither the input DB for examples.
However, when you export a job on another environment or OS, you need a special execution target.
That's what we called "Context".
I send you back to page 85 of the documentation http://www.talend.com/resources/documentation.php
Regards,