One Star

Error when trying to run an existing job.

I recently wanted to have a play around with TOS 3.1.1 so I moved existing jobs from TOS 3.0.4 to 3.1.1.
Unfortunately, jobs aren't running any more on TOS 3.1.1 and when trying to see the module list I constantly reach this error:
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "env": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.perl.PerlProcessor.getCommandLineByCondition(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.perl.PerlProcessor.exec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.perlExec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.perlExec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.PerlLibrariesService.checkInstalledLibraries(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.AbstractLibrariesService.checkLibraries(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.AbstractLibrariesService.resetModulesNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.LibrariesService.resetModulesNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.ui.actions.CheckModulesAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
I am not sure what the problem is as it is a very "TOS friendly" machine. The same jobs are still working on this machine in v3.0.4 and I used the same export/import process as I previously did numerous times. (previously did from TOS 2.2.3 to 2.2.4, to 2.3.0, to 2.3.1, to .... 3.0.3, to 3.0.4, at least 11 migrations just on this machine)
No changes to the machine either:
Win server 2003
Perl ActiveState v5.8
Java 1.6.0
Any hint on this problem?
11 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Error when trying to run an existing job.

Hi raton,
In Talend Open Studio 3.1, we've have introduced an embedded Perl distribution for Microsoft Windows users.
1. can you check what's your current Perl interpreter? see Window>Preferences>Talend>Perl interpreter
2. what exactely happens when you try to run a job? do you have the same message as in the module view?
3. what happens if you switch back the Perl interpreter to your installed ActivePerl?
One Star

Yes, I noticed that a Perl interpreter was provided with the distribution.
As not finding the Perl modules list hinted me towards a problem with finding the Perl interpreter, I changed the Perl interpreter preference to my good old Activestate: "C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe".
But that still doesn't solve the problem, same error message as above.
When trying to run any job, I get this message:
Execution failed :Job execution failed.

Sorry to be trouble maker today. Smiley Sad
Employee

It makes me think to 7064, but I doubt you have a tRunJob in your job.
Can you display the "Error" view (Window>Add view>Error) and tell us what is the exact command line executed?
One Star

No, unfortunately, I am just trying to run the simplest job I have which is made of a TFileList and a tFileCompare.
Ok, I opened the Error log.
The message box shows: "2009-05-25 09:30:55,349 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.ExceptionHandler - java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "env": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"
The exception Stack Trace shows the error message I copied in my first post and the Session data shows:
"eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_13
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_NZ
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86"
Is that what you are after? Does it help?
Employee

Well, next step is to create a bug :-/
btlink
One Star

Rho, so I really am a trouble maker!
Many thanks plegall, I will create a bug report shortly.
One Star

I forgot to update this post.
I indeed created a bug report that seem to be progressing very well. (Talend team usual magic in action Smiley Happy )
One Star

Unfortunately, I have to come back here as I now have exactly the same problem as I already described above.
The small difference this time is that I am trying to run TOS 3.1.3 on a Windows Server 2008.
But the error message is exactly similar to my first post.
Is it worth creating a bug report?
One Star

Any update on this issue? I'm having the same problem even when I change to the ActiveState Perl directory. I'm using 3.2.0.M3_r28760.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "env": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.perl.PerlProcessor.getCommandLineByCondition(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.perl.PerlProcessor.exec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.perlExec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.perlExec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.PerlLibrariesService.checkInstalledLibraries(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.AbstractLibrariesService.checkLibraries(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.AbstractLibrariesService.resetModulesNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.model.service.LibrariesService.resetModulesNeeded(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.ui.actions.CheckModulesAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "env": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.perl.PerlProcessor.getPerlPathCommand(Unknown Source)
... 37 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
... 42 more
One Star

Which operating system are you using?
I know this had been fixed on Windows server 2003 but I am not sure of the status of the bug report I had created for this problem on Windows server 2008.
On Windows server 2003, it had to do with Talend not being able to find the 'env' variable. I was hoping the problem would be fixed in TOS 3.2.0 ...
One Star

I've also been having this problem but it's whenever I save a job or quit Talend.