One Star

Error when configuring LogStash from TAC

Hi,
I'm facing a strange issue when configuring LogStash URL from TAC (Wrong configuration (host port) or Logstash's not running)
Since it's a fresh new install, I'm facing no problems on every Talend component, except this one. I don't have any log that would suggest some hints.
What I have found :
Configuration file (logstash-talend.conf) seems good. I can see thqt TCP network port 8050 is configured. I can find LogServer executable is working.
How can I resolve this point ?
Regards,
6 REPLIES

Re: Error when configuring LogStash from TAC

Hi,
Did you follow up document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedtarting the Talend Administration Center to config your logStash?
What's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I did all that, I installed LogServer and then started it from the service deployed, or the start_logserver.sh (for Linux, since it is installed on RHEL)
I can tell that port 8050 is started (the one used by Talend LogServer) and that I can see a Logstash process. But in TAC configuration, this is not working. 
One Star

did you use the logstash configuration as hostname.domain.com:8050 ? if yes then try to shutdown tomcat and then logserver. Now restart logserver adn then tomcat. Now check the logstash configuration and see it should be running
One Star

HI, 
During installation (with Dist and Talend installer), the only asked parameter was the logstash port, not the complete domain name and port. 
Where can I find the LogStash configuration for the URL ?

Hi MDELGADOOO,
Have you already reported a ticket on Talend Support Portal?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Login into TAC and under configuration menu you will see the logstash configuration under logging. Define as what i said earlier