Error after updating license: No application id has been found

Four Stars

Error after updating license: No application id has been found

Hi, we are using Talend 5.4.1 and I want to update our license. 

The license has been correctly updated on the TAC server. 

Now I want to update license on my talend studio. 

On the prompt I've tried both: import license from a file or directly from the TAC. The import works well but when the studio start I got this error:

No application id has been found. Here is the log: 

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-07-18 14:57:24.920
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

On my computer I have jdk 8 installed and I launch the studio with this command line: -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin" as this talend version won't work with jdk8.

This behavior occurs on the 3 studio's we have.

What can I do ?

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: Error after updating license: No application id has been found

Hi Sabrina, thanks for your answer, 

yes before posting I've found some post (also this one) about my problem. My installation was fine since the update of the license. 

After some times of testing things,  I finally reinstall the studio and the problem was gone.

have a nice day

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this article is helpful for you?

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/quot-No-application-id-has-been-found-quot-ex...

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina, thanks for your answer, 

yes before posting I've found some post (also this one) about my problem. My installation was fine since the update of the license. 

After some times of testing things,  I finally reinstall the studio and the problem was gone.

have a nice day

Hello,

Great this issue has been fixed. Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution here.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.