Error - Talend DI Start up

Five Stars

Error - Talend DI Start up

Hi,

I am trying to use Talend open source DI studio v6.5.1 but unable to do the start up. it shows many errors as attached.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

/As

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: Error - Talend DI Start up

Ah, I believe your version of Java may be the problem....is probably the problem actually. Take a look here: https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installer-for-TOS-DI-does-not-work-on-Windo...

I noticed you are using Java 9. Can you go to Java 8?

Sixteen Stars

No problem. Can you accept the solution? It will help others quickly solve the same issues if all problems have accept solutions

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

What machine are you running this on and what executable are you using to run it. I am seeing a load of errors involving macosx components, but you appear to be running with Windows JVM arguments.

Five Stars

I used to run with Windows 10 environment. And used TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe to invoke talend. this exe is part of open source DI TOS_DI-20180116_1512-V6.5.1 setup.

Sixteen Stars

Ah, I believe your version of Java may be the problem....is probably the problem actually. Take a look here: https://community.talend.com/t5/Installing-and-Upgrading/Installer-for-TOS-DI-does-not-work-on-Windo...

I noticed you are using Java 9. Can you go to Java 8?

Sixteen Stars

Did trying that solve your problem?

Five Stars

Thanks.

Let me try with Java 8 and will let you know.

Five Stars

I installed Java 8 but it got installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java folder and not on C:\Program Files \Java folder. so C:\Program Files\Java still has Java 9. In JAVA_HOME i pointed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java folder but still in log it pointed out to Java 9. not sure why ?

I unzipped the Talend DI open source folder in C Drive.

Please guide.

Sixteen Stars

You need to ensure that Java 8 is pointed to in your PATH environment variable. To test if it is your default Java installation, open a terminal/command line and type "java -version". It will tell you which version is installed

Sixteen Stars

Did the above work?

Five Stars

I uninstalled Java 9 and installed java 8 which is atleast helping to start talend open source. 

Thanks again for your advice.

Sixteen Stars

No problem. Can you accept the solution? It will help others quickly solve the same issues if all problems have accept solutions