Four Stars

Do not use SVN integration

We are fairly new to Talend and have some basic questions.  We are using the rebranded Jaspersoft ETL 6.2.1 version.  Is there any way to use Talend without using the Git or SVN integration?  I have combed the documentation and do not see a way to manually manage the processing of files.  We are continuously having issues with SVN saying it is locked over time and ideally would like to just avoid that all together.  Better for us to manually control when files are updated?

In that same vein, we are using context groups quite a bit for storing credentials.  If those should update, how do we ensure all the related jobs get regenerated and update to use the new credentials when they change?  Will just updating the SVN version take care of that?

Thanks!

• Talend Data Preparation
4 REPLIES

Re: Do not use SVN integration

Hi,

Usually, we use Git or SVN server to store all your project data (Jobs, Database connections, Routines, Joblets, etc.) in the shared Repository of the Talend Studio. How did you manage it without using Git or SVN server? Did you get some problem when install Git or SVN server?

With your rebranded Jaspersoft ETL 6.2.1 version, could you please create a case on talend support portal?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

From your description it is unclear what the original problem is. Can you elaborate?

Maybe what you looking for is the ability to do manual commits? If yes, that can be configured as a project setting in TAC.

Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management
Four Stars

How do I "do manual commits"?  I do not see a way to set that as a project setting nor a way to actually do that in the Talend environment.  That is the part I seem to be missing!

I am purposefully not elaborating on the original problem because it is huge and this would just fix it without having to worry about it anymore Smiley Happy

Employee

Have a read of https://help.talend.com/reader/QYL91Sss92jDiTgRfL6rfg/_6HUjnKHv9aNujEm8E18DA for the Studio side and https://help.talend.com/reader/APEizOO00cdqC32~d2IJxA/DtVJkwSLcJKT2s4~Z3h2hg for the TAC side.

HTH

Thomas

Thomas Steinborn
Sr. Director Product Management