One Star

Delimited File Preview error to load to table

Hi All,
Earlier i could able to load data from delimited flat file(*.txt, *.csv, *.xls) to table, but suddenly I m facing below error. Even i couldnt able to preview the delimited file. Can anyone help on this?
Output not generated.
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1246)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
Thanks
Kavitha L

• Talend Studio
48 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Delimited File Preview error to load to table

Hi Kavitha
Please remove the existing file component in the job, drop another file component from palette and configure it ,hope this will resolve your issue.
thanks
Anil Kumar Burri
One Star

Hi Anil,
I tried by removing the file component and placed another file component from palette, but even then i m facing the same error.
Also, when i create file delimited in Metadata, i m able to see the preview in the File viewer(File - step 2 of 4) but when in the File - step 3 of 4 , the output is not genenrated and throwing Preview error.
Thanks
Kavitha

Hi,
Which version are you using? Could you please change another delimited File to see if this issue repro again?Or change another studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I m using "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" Version: 5.3.0. Changed another delimited file also. Still issue exists.. Do i need to delete any file in workspace\.metadata\.plugins\ org.eclipse.core.resources folder to get resolved?
Thanks, Kavitha

Hi Kavitha,
I have taken a testing on talend open studio for Data Integration. Everything is Ok.(see my pics). My suggestion is that:
You can take a testing on talend open studio 5.2.2 to see if this issue repro?
If not, you need reinstall your Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.3.0.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Failed to generate code.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1312)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

What is this error

Hi bpr,
Could you tell us product build version are you using? What's your job design? Did you get this issue when creating file delimited metadata? More information will be preferred.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

i m using taland-5.5.0. and i m trying to import excelsheet data into mysql. my excelsheetfile is 8.0mb size.
when i m try to create excel sheet or file delimited it shows this error.
So How to solve this error.

Hi bpr,
What's your OS and JDK?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

os is windows 7 32bit and JAVA_VERSION=1.8.0_05

Hi bpr,
Talend does not yet support Java 1.8. You need to downgrade to 1.7 or 1.6.
Please see KB article TalendHelpCenter:Java+8+Support.
Let me know if 1.7 or 1.6 is OK with you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

ok i wil try and inform u.

Thank u very much.

Hi bpr,
Feel free to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

i install jdk 1.6 .Yes its working fine
Thank u very much.

Hi bpr,
Great it could be fixed. Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi sabrina
i am facing same error when i create file delimited in Metadata on step 3 of 4
i am using talend 5.4.1 on windows 7 and my talend showing java option upto 1.6
So, i am using java 1.6
please suggest
thanks

Hi ShahFaisal
Could you upload your Delimited File Preview error screenshots into forum? Is File Metadata creation working well for your any other file(File Excel metadata, File XML metadata)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi
i tried it with .txt, .csv and exel file but showing same error

thanks

Hi,
Have you created metadata for your file successfully? Did you use Encoding=UTF-8 or US-ASCII in metadata? Any screenshot?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hi
it is showing Users with 10 posts or less may not add live URLs
One Star

i tried both encoding format
i convert encoding in notepad++ to UTF8 and than select UTF8 on 3rd step of create file delimited of metadata

Hi ShahFaisal,
it is showing Users with 10 posts or less may not add live URLs

You'll get a Image upload box that allows to upload screen captures and images up to 200KB when click on "post reply" (not through the quick post")
Could you please upload the full log message? Which is located in /workspace/.metadata/.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hi
i created a new demo2.csv file and try to create file delimited , screenshot are hereafter
One Star

and also tried with UTF-8 format but showing same error

Hi,
Could you please upload the full log message? Which is located in /workspace/.metadata/.
I can see if there is "Could not find the main class" exception. Is your studio working well except for "File Metadata Problem"?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am getting the same error while trying to create a new File Delimited Meta Data
Error is on Step 3:
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1312)
I am using Talend Open Studio 5.5.1
Windows 7, 32 bit
Java version : "1.7.0_55"
Thanks

Hi Deepika19,

How large your input delimited file? Have you checked KB article about TalendHelpCenter:Exception+Could+not+reserve+enough+space+for+object+heap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hello,
im using a win7, TOS 5.2.1, Java Version 1.6.
Im new to TOS and im getting this error for any file format that im taking for my delimited file,
Having a hard time getting through this step.
Thanks
One Star

Hi,
Having the same problem as James2465.. Please resolve. Would downloading a newer version of TOS help?
My log:
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2014-08-05 09:44:59.527
!MESSAGE 2014-08-05 09:44:59,527 ERROR org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory  - Error during JetEmitter initalization Exception on ._header_additional_talendesb_wsconsumerJava
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.emf.codegen.jet.JETException: Exception on ._header_additional_talendesb_wsconsumerJava
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter$TalendEclipseHelper.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:409)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:139)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:128)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.synchronizedComponent(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:477)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.initializeEmittersPool(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:434)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.access$7(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:383)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory$JobRunnable.doRun(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:191)
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.model.CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory$JobRunnable.run(CodeGeneratorEmittersPoolFactory.java:118)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.talend.designer.codegen.config.TalendJetEmitter$TalendEclipseHelper.initialize(TalendJetEmitter.java:291)
 ... 7 more
Thank u