Four Stars

Data Preparation Free Desktop Memory Allocation

I was searching for the .ini file, in order to increase the Xmx parameter, so that maybe it also increases processing speed, which is currently obviously too slow. But I can't find the ini file. Someone could help me? 

Thanks, Marco.

• Talend Data Preparation
4 REPLIES

Re: Data Preparation Free Desktop Memory Allocation

Hello,

With your free desktop, what's the capacity of the file you are processing? 

Actually, you can change rows limit in a config file located here on Windows: <installation directory>\config\application.properties. Just edit the number in your favorite text editor.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes, I have already changed the number of rows in the properties, because I usually work with files that have more than 100k rows , but the processing even just for a simple action like deleting rows that contain empty fields is really too slow. So maybe allocating more memory to the JVM it could be a little bit faster.

Hi,

Could you please indicate what's the data preparation free desktop version you are using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello, 2.1.1